DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seattle to Bellimgham....?

Alaskan

Reactions
Any flying groups north of Seattle...Skagit Valley to the Bellingham area....?

Bellingham. There is an ama club up here and I was invited to join, but, from what I can see they ,mostly, fly in circles at there field. Guess there is a few drones showing up and so maybe they will get some kind of program going. They are having drone races Sat. the 13th. Im going to go check that out.

Found out that drone races are not a spectator sport.

Last edited:
New flier who frequently visits Bellingham and hike North Cascades. Looking for fliers in the area and good, legal, places to fly.

Reactions: xjjon
I dont hike much , and legal is getting hard to define, but im always up for a cup of coffee.

New flier who frequently visits Bellingham and hike North Cascades. Looking for fliers in the area and good, legal, places to fly.

The Mt Baker National Forest has a good amount of places to fly. Easy access to trails and rivers off the road.
If you enjoy hiking you can go up something like Church Mountain to do some great legal flying! Post your results :)

lots of places up there Id like to go, but, National forrests are on the list of places not to fly. Is church in NF ? Same thing with state parks.
I think the risk factor is pretty low but you never know where Smokey the Bear may be.

lots of places up there Id like to go, but, National forrests are on the list of places not to fly. Is church in NF ? Same thing with state parks.
I think the risk factor is pretty low but you never know where Smokey the Bear may be.
Why do you say it's on the list of places not to fly? As far as I am aware, the baker NF does allow drones to.be operated within non-wilderness areas.

I had to look that up because I am old and cant even remember what I had for lunch.
As of Aug. 2014 The National park service made it Illegal to take off, land or operate a drone in a national park, or for that matter just about anything that says National
36CRF 1.5. Really sucks .

I don't think it applies to National Forest unless specified. The NF has a page specifically on responsible flying within the forests.

Verified in person again today too at Baker NF with a Ranger at the station. Fly safe and be smart!

I think I misread your origional post and thought you were talking about National Parks. My Bad. Sorry Natiopnal forrests look good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: xjjon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU