DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Second Attempt At Teleporting

Amckim2084

Reactions
This is my second attempt at making a teleporting transition. The first one I made with a Mavic 2 Pro and it wasn't the best video since I did it all with manual flying. This time I try again with a Mavic Mini and used Litchi waypoints. I still didn't get the best video since the Mini kept oscillating during the first part of the video but it turned out much better than my first attempt last year. Enjoy!!!

What is the meaning of teleporting? It sounds Star Trekie to me.
I was in two different locations. One at the beginning and the other at the end.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
This is my second attempt at making a teleporting transition. The first one I made with a Mavic 2 Pro and it wasn't the best video since I did it all with manual flying. This time I try again with a Mavic Mini and used Litchi waypoints. I still didn't get the best video since the Mini kept oscillating during the first part of the video but it turned out much better than my first attempt last year. Enjoy!!!

That was pretty cool, neat.

Reactions: Amckim2084

At what point did you make the cut?

At what point did you make the cut?
During the lens flare. I went 160ft up at my first take off point. The second take off point was lower elevation so I had to go up 234ft to match the same altitude, then just positioned the drone in the exact same spot over the lake.

I kinda liked the first one better because it was a challenge at finding where you cut it. This one you gave it away. The first one would have been perfect if it hadn't been for the boats going backwards lol.
I love it either way. Great way to have fun!!

I kinda liked the first one better because it was a challenge at finding where you cut it. This one you gave it away. The first one would have been perfect if it hadn't been for the boats going backwards lol.
I love it either way. Great way to have fun!!
lol I want to recreate the first one at some point. I don’t have the Mavic 2 Pro anymore. I liked the element of surprise when the drone is turning and you don’t know where it’s going then bam, into the trees and there I am lol. I just need to make it more smooth, and of course no boats going backwards lol

Reactions: Tufargon
lol I want to recreate the first one at some point. I don’t have the Mavic 2 Pro anymore. I liked the element of surprise when the drone is turning and you don’t know where it’s going then bam, into the trees and there I am lol. I just need to make it more smooth, and of course no boats going backwards lol
I definately look forward to seeing it! Obviously the first one made an impression on me because I still remember it so well and had to see this one. Thumbswayup

I definately look forward to seeing it! Obviously the first one made an impression on me because I still remember it so well and had to see this one. Thumbswayup
That’s cool that you remember it. That was like a year and a half ago lol. I rewatched it and it actually wasn’t that bad except for the jittering on the rotation and I realize now that I didn’t save it at the same frame rate and that’s what screwed it up. I wouldn’t be able to use the same take off point with the mini because of signal loss but I definitely want to do a similar element of surprise like the first one again someday.

Reactions: Tufargon
That’s cool that you remember it. That was like a year and a half ago lol. I rewatched it and it actually wasn’t that bad except for the jittering on the rotation and I realize now that I didn’t save it at the same frame rate and that’s what screwed it up. I wouldn’t be able to use the same take off point with the mini because of signal loss but I definitely want to do a similar element of surprise like the first one again someday.
I think the M2P would be way superior on doing this because you could do a waypoint mission then take that mission and take the point of where you wanted to go to the second location where you are and start the new waypoint mission on that exact spot (modify the first mission to use that point). It should be almost seamless. I'm trying to sell my MA2 and if I do buy a new bird it will be the MP2. Again I love this idea and your vids. Thanks so much for sharing and sharing the your creativity.

I think the M2P would be way superior on doing this because you could do a waypoint mission then take that mission and take the point of where you wanted to go to the second location where you are and start the new waypoint mission on that exact spot (modify the first mission to use that point). It should be almost seamless. I'm trying to sell my MA2 and if I do buy a new bird it will be the MP2. Again I love this idea and your vids. Thanks so much for sharing and sharing the your creativity.
How much you looking to get with the Air 2? Just curious. I don’t have anything right now. Just bought a battery lawn mower lol. But curious on the price though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb