DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 4 Using Waypoints - The Blue Hour at the Erie PA Bayfront

JimSteadman

Reactions
In various attempts to use waypoints, I found that actually flying the intended route and focusing on the subjects was easier and better than attempting to do it on the controller without the drone connected. Others may find the opposite true. As to the video, Erie is the only Pennsylvania port on the Great Lakes and the harbor is protected from Lake Erie storms by a sandy peninsula (Presque Isle State Park), which you will see in the distance across the bay. The channel to the lake is on the east end of the bay. This area used to be a desolate, post industrial area, ugly and forlorn until the mid-1970's when the Bicentennial Tower was erected. As you can see, it has come a long way since.

Great light for filming! Did you do much processing on the footage?

Great light for filming! Did you do much processing on the footage?
I did NO processing on the footage. Just loaded it into Clipchamp and then to youTube. Added the text and music, but that was it. Used automatic settings on the drone camera. Exposure -.3.

Reactions: scro
Thank you!

Thanks. Using the waypoints was a very helpful way of smoothing out the video.
Oh. I didn't know you were using waypoints. I use them all the time, partly for the same reason, but my videos aren't that smooth. Good job. What was you speed?

Oh. I didn't know you were using waypoints. I use them all the time, partly for the same reason, but my videos aren't that smooth. Good job. What was you speed?
The video was shot at about 5 MPH, very slow. I did speed it up in post - at some points 1.5x the speed and some at an even higher speed. The part where it was above the tower was at the actual speed used during the filming. But using the waypoints for the filming means that you can speed it up with no tiny jerks or bumps, which are almost impossible to avoid with your thumbs on the controls, no matter how steady you are.

Reactions: shb
Awesome video!

Nicely done! Music was very relaxing!

.......The channel to the lake is on the east end of the bay. This area used to be a desolate, post industrial area, ugly and forlorn until the mid-1970's when the Bicentennial Tower was erected. As you can see, it has come a long way since.
Very cool view of that Bayfront area at night. The Mini 4 seems amazing for that kind of thing. I was waiting for you to come right up to the maritime museum window and get a look inside. ha...maybe a bit too risky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne