DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second hand drone, can't unbind drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same issue. Bought a bounded air2 because I'm new at this. I wish to now if I have a new motherboard from aliexpress I could swap for the locked one and have a kinda new or unbinden drone? Or I have to swap other parts as well??
Thanks

Honest answer, I do not know but swapping bits is probably going to be expensive.
Have you tried to contact the original owner, or the person who bound it? They can unbind it if they undo the bindings in their app, the app MUST connect to the internet to register the unbinding.

Yeah, I feel pretty bad for falling in a scam and you can imagine already I've read everything about unbinding. And no, I cannot return cause the sell was in person, in cash, and the email bounded when I try to contact it, is an erased Gmail account. So, despite to be expensive, I thing swapping the motherboard is still less expensive than buying a brand new. So mi question is. Is it possible to swap the board? Do I need to swap anything else? Thanks 👍

Yeah, I feel pretty bad for falling in a scam and you can imagine already I've read everything about unbinding. And no, I cannot return cause the sell was in person, in cash, and the email bounded when I try to contact it, is an erased Gmail account. So, despite to be expensive, I thing swapping the motherboard is still less expensive than buying a brand new. So mi question is. Is it possible to swap the board? Do I need to swap anything else? Thanks 👍
In that case all I can say is best of luck and at the minimum start looking into the use of python scripts to calibrate the gimbal and camera to new components, you may find it is necessary.

Last edited:
Swapping out parts on a DJI drone is like swapping out a body control module from one car to the other. They have to be programmed to work with that specific car's computers/module before anything else

Thanks. I guess I will have to try then. I already found how to re calibrate gimbal on ifixit so no problem there.
Cheers
Peter

The bound aircraft cannot take off, you don’t need to replace main board, someone can hack it through PC, unbind it directly, it can still fly, but account cannot be cleared

Reactions: zdan
The bound aircraft cannot take off, you don’t need to replace main board, someone can hack it through PC, unbind it directly, it can still fly, but account cannot be cleared
It might be an idea if, as well as saying that it is possible, you also said WHO can hack it, where they are and how much they charge.

You can ask yourself, I have sent you his contact information.

You can ask yourself, I have sent you his contact information.
Thanks but I have no interest in doing that nor any need to do it but my point was that the person at whom you were aiming post 67 might have an interest.
That said, I would be wary of letting some unknown person 'into' my drone and whatever else needed to be connected to facilitate that.

Last edited:
Well, like many of us who where scammed over the internet I ended up selling as parts mi bounded drone for 60 bucks. I still have the rc n1 that came with the drone. A guy who wants to buy it asked my if he will be able to use it with a brand new unbounded drone, a mini 3 in this case, or because the control was linked to the drone it is also bounded to the old account??

My best case scenario is to recover 100 bucks for something I payed over 350..

Thanks 🙏

i need the contact information,thx
did you take note of
"That said, I would be wary of letting some unknown person 'into' my drone and whatever else needed to be connected to facilitate that."
in post #70?

yes,i know. i just need contact information,that rootabc give you.thx
I don't remember seeing any, sorry. Besides, given my concerns I would not pass it on even if I had it.

Thread has run its course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada