DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Self Discharging Batteries..?

DevilsLuck

Reactions
I'm wondering how some of you folks feel about this feature, and any potential pros, and cons. I found a con this morning when I had a narrow break in the rain and wanted to fly. I had all my batteries fully charged when I put them away last weekend, only to find them at about 50% when I opened the case this morning. Needless to say I missed my window on account of this.

That inconvenience aside; what benefit is there in this feature? As I understand it, battery life is measured in charge/discharge counts. At least in cordless tools. So wouldn't intentionally discharging your batteries shorten it's lifespan?

I'm just trying to understand the thinking behind this "feature"...

Its not a festure, its fullfiling a requirement on how to handle these.

100% charged li ion is like a hot potato, the chemicals inside don‘t like to be under stress for long times they get damaged when doing so

If you store them 100% and they would not discharge for 7 days on they will become damaged. So its just protecting the gear

Reactions: DevilsLuck
I had all my batteries fully charged when I put them away last weekend, only to find them at about 50% when I opened the case this morning.
They might have shown 50% in the app, but if the batteries have been self discharging, the % indication is wrong.
If you'd flown, they would have run down faster than a genuine 50% battery.
I'm just trying to understand the thinking behind this "feature"...
It's all because storing at 100% damages the battery.

Reactions: DevilsLuck
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FCFRIEDMANN