DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Selling Mavic 3 - remove device from account and THEN unbind RC Pro?

ddublu

Reactions
Sold my M3 but keeping my RC Pro. Which of the the two steps do I do first?

Unbind from the remote then remove it from your account. If you're selling with a remote, bind to that one prior to shipping.

I'm shipping a Mavic 3 with DJI RC tomorrow, should I just factory reset it using the new option in the app menu? What needs done and in what order? Thanks.

I've just done the following and am still a bit confused?

1. Cleared all data.
2. Reset all data.
3. Unbound device.
4. Removed device from account.
5. Logged out of account.
6. Rebooted drone and RC.

After switching on the drone I am still able to control it and view the flight distance and flight time in the Device Management menu, this isn't what I was expecting.

How do you completely reset everything for the new owner?

You don't need to, when the new owner signs in with their account, that will be the only thing they see is their flight records. There may be some flight records on the drone itself but as I understand it, only DJI would be able to access them. Everything you've already done will be fine.

You don't need to, when the new owner signs in with their account, that will be the only thing they see is their flight records. There may be some flight records on the drone itself but as I understand it, only DJI would be able to access them. Everything you've already done will be fine.
Yes but I didn't expect to see any interface between the drone and RC after carrying out the actions listed in post #5, let alone have access to distance and hours flown.

Yes but I didn't expect to see any interface between the drone and RC after carrying out the actions listed in post #5, let alone have access to distance and hours flown.
It will fly without being logged in but it will be restricted in distance from the controller and height. I think the flight hours stay on the drone but their system is so messed up half the time that's not even accurate. I wouldn't worry about it, it doesn't give any of your flight records to the next owner, just how long it's been in the air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke