DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

serial number

markchan

Reactions
Hi there I just received a replacement mavic 2 zoom but the serial number is different from my first one and now it wont load up to the dji server when trying to activate it . need help cheers mark

Reactions: Former Member
Hi there I just received a replacement mavic 2 zoom but the serial number is different from my first one and now it wont load up to the dji server when trying to activate it . need help cheers mark

What country? Was this a Refresh or warranty replacement?

If it was a Refresh, they might not have updated your serial # correctly. Also, if it was a Refresh, make sure to ask for a new contract with correct serial # just in case you ever decide to sell it, and to make sure you are covered.

Get DJI chat on the phone or messaging and tell them. They might need to update your records.

Reactions: SpinItUp
What steps have you done so far and at what point does it fail?
(welcome btw)
I connected my drone to the remote it went through all the normal stages but then right at the end it couldnt connect to the server as it dosen't recognise my new serial under my email at dji cheers mark

Reactions: Former Member
Im in australia and it was just a replacement drone which I used my refresh program to get one .

Ok, I would get DJI on chat, but it's Saturday morning there and Im not sure they are open now. It just sounds like they didnt update your serial number in their system or on your Refresh when they sent you the replacement. Did they email you an updated Refesh agreement with the new serial #?

Reactions: irfl
What country? Was this a Refresh or warranty replacement?

If it was a Refresh, they might not have updated your serial # correctly. Also, if it was a Refresh, make sure to ask for a new contract with correct serial # just in case you ever decide to sell it, and to make sure you are covered.

Get DJI chat on the phone or messaging and tell them. They might need to update your records.
ty for your input but I have managed to get it working cheers mark

Perhaps they do it differently in each country, but I'm not aware of the serial number having to be associated with your account ahead of time. That's really what the activation is all about.

I would understand they might blacklist some serial numbers though.

Definitely validate that your new serial number is associated with your refresh. If not, contact DJI to get the SN's swapped.
I've had that encounter with Cisco smartnet associations with serial numbers of RMA products. The techs don't warn/remind you to contact CS to make the swap.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS