DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seriously Want to Cry ...

kgwild1

Reactions
Hi Everybody, as I write this I'm just about in tears. I have been saving for a Mavic Pro since they came out. I finally bought one this week. It came in yesterday afternoon. Soooooo excited! Charged the batteries last night, did the updates, went on youtube watched all the " do this first videos". Came to ther forum read all the advice for newbies.
Everything was great until I got comfortable with my new Mavic Pro Platinum. Thats when I switched it to sports mode. DISASTER !!!! Flew it into a small branch on the edge of my pond. It fell about 2 feet into the water. :(
I ran to pick it up. I tried drying it out but no luck. I have not even had the drone for 24 hours at this point. . Why Why Why did I fly in sports mode.
I'm writing this to help me get through the anguish in which I feel. (poor man therapy).
I haven't even received the accessories I ordered for it yet. Sooooooo Saddddddd.
I hope the PTSD won't last to long.
Thank you all for being a shoulder to cry on.
Kevin
(previous Mavic Pro Platinum owner)

Last edited:
Wow that’s hard . I went out into the middle of a field for my first flight as I was a nervous wreck

Reactions: JamesM23
I have my mavic pro platinum for around a month and half and still have not test the sport mode yet. I have flying so far only three times and I am taking this easy and not rushing. This is why some folks will failed on the first fly. They want to test all functionality without experiencing the craft itself and how will work. Get first the experience and training... Don't rush too fast, it will always ended up in a disaster.

That does suck. Never fly low until you are good. At 150 feet it is hard to hit something. Live and learn. I have been flying for a wile now And fly in sport mode 90% of the time now.

Wow, Kevin, very sorry to hear about the very new drone incident. If it were just a crash that would be one thing. But to go in water, too, is devastating. As previously mentioned, let it dry, then check it by trying to turn it on. Observe your screen a bit for errors. If ok, then start your motors. Proceed like that. I'm sure it was not in the water long after it went down so it's possible you may be ok. Even after all that, just to get a preliminary idea if there is electronic damage, I'd consider letting Rob at Thunderdrones do a thorough check on it. I'm still taking notes on one of mine before sending it to him. Hopefully this just ends up a good lesson and you're up there again soon, albeit way more cautious. I'm waiting to hear about a good turnout on this. Keep us informed.

Reactions: Former Member
Thanks, everybody for the encouragement. I have it in a bag of rice sitting outside in the sun. Maybe I'll check it tomorrow.

Thanks, everybody for the encouragement. I have it in a bag of rice sitting outside in the sun. Maybe I'll check it tomorrow.
Goodluck and have it posted here after 4 days.

Hi Everybody, as I write this I'm just about in tears. I have been saving for a Mavic Pro since they came out. I finally bought one this week. It came in yesterday afternoon. Soooooo excited! Charged the batteries last night, did the updates, went on youtube watched all the " do this first videos". Came to ther forum read all the advice for newbies.
Everything was great until I got comfortable with my new Mavic Pro Platinum. Thats when I switched it to sports mode. DISASTER !!!! Flew it into a small branch on the edge of my pond. It fell about 2 feet into the water. :(
I ran to pick it up. I tried drying it out but no luck. I have not even had the drone for 24 hours at this point. I haven't even had a chance to purchase the DJI care. It said I had 48 hours. Why Why Why did I fly in sports mode.
I'm writing this to help me get through the anguish in which I feel. (poor man therapy).
I haven't even received the accessories I ordered for it yet. Sooooooo Saddddddd.
Kevin

I ran to pick it up. I tried drying it out but no luck. I have not even had the drone for 24 hours at this point. I haven't even had a chance to purchase the DJI care. It said I had 48 hours. Why Why Why did I fly in sports mode.
Kevin
:(

This is a good point. DJI care for $99 might be cheaper than repair costs and it covers water accidents.
thats deception,borderline stealing,bite the bullet op and things will work out,,,,do the refresh and karma will get you in the keester.

I don’t recall seeing anything about pre exsisting damage within the initial 48 hr coverage timeframe. After that yes

thats deception,borderline stealing,bite the bullet op and things will work out,,,,do the refresh and karma will get you in the keester.

Your username is appropriate.

The coverage terms don’t say anything about damage within the first 48 hours. If he pays for the insurance and takes advantage of it then I don’t see an issue. It’s not like we’re telling him to take out a State Farm policy and file a false loss claim.

Reactions: Thwyllo
Sorry to hear that kgwild1... You have to know your drone before flying in sport mode. I seen a youtube video where a guy put in rice for a few days and worked just fine. One thing you should replace is battery.

Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato