DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seriously Want to Cry ...

Sad. I feel sorry for you.
I can imagine that you tried out sports mode. Tempting of course. DJI shouldn't have named it as such. I couldn't resist to try it out the very first day. But I seldom use it, it ruins my shots anyway.

I didn't activate my drone for over a week waiting until I could buy DJI care. I wasn't going to take the chance of losing $1000.

Any update on this? Curious to see if you got it working again.

UPDATE !!!
The night of the crash I went on line and bought the insurance ( which I had planned to do any way, just not under those circumstances) in hopes that DJI would have pity on an idiot. Many of you gave me very helpful advice on repair remedies and such. So thank you all for your advice.
In reading many comments on DJI Refresh service and customer support I was very concerned I would not get much help.I was hoping I had not just thrown away another $129 on the insurance because after all the accident was my fault.
Monday morning I called DJI refresh. Within the first couple of rings a very nice lady answered ( a real human ). I told her what had happened to my precious Mavic . She then asked for my Refresh acct number and very politely suggested that I use the Refresh Express option. I said “do you mean it’s covered?” She told me considering I had purchased the warranty within the first 48 hours IT WAS COVERED !! I happily, gleefully, cheerfully paid the $89 Refresh fee.
I mailed the drone off that Monday. They received it that Friday and the following Wednesday my precious was back in my hands.
All I can say is WOW!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you DJI.
So a happy ending for my Mavic story.

Many people have complained about DJI customer service but in my experience they went above and beyond. Sometimes all people write about are the bad experiences with companies and you really don’t hear about the good ones. So let this serve as notice of a Very good experience with DJI.
Again thank you so much DJI.

Happy flying to all,
Kgwild1

UPDATE !!!
The night of the crash I went on line and bought the insurance ( which I had planned to do any way, just not under those circumstances) in hopes that DJI would have pity on an idiot. Many of you gave me very helpful advice on repair remedies and such. So thank you all for your advice.
In reading many comments on DJI Refresh service and customer support I was very concerned I would not get much help.I was hoping I had not just thrown away another $129 on the insurance because after all the accident was my fault.
Monday morning I called DJI refresh. Within the first couple of rings a very nice lady answered ( a real human ). I told her what had happened to my precious Mavic . She then asked for my Refresh acct number and very politely suggested that I use the Refresh Express option. I said “do you mean it’s covered?” She told me considering I had purchased the warranty within the first 48 hours IT WAS COVERED !! I happily, gleefully, cheerfully paid the $89 Refresh fee.
I mailed the drone off that Monday. They received it that Friday and the following Wednesday my precious was back in my hands.

Many people have complained about DJI customer service but in my experience they went above and beyond. Sometimes all people write about are the bad experiences with companies and you really don’t hear about the good ones. So let this serve as notice of a Very good experience with DJI.

Happy flying to all,
Kgwild1
To me is not that DJI have bad customer service... It's their employees that some are helpful and go above and beyond to make the customer happy and some employees will go the opposite way, making your life a living inferno. I don't know if some are well trained and others or don't receive too much training or they don't give a rap about their job and the service they provide.

Reactions: Piggy
am i the only one to think at the least its morally wrong to get and use refresh after the drones been wrecked?.,can we all not feel that this isnt how the system works,would you teach your kids to cheat the rules the same way>?
hopefully dji doesnt check flight logs and realize it already had been wrecked,seems to me they surely have run into this before
flame if you want but i like living knowing i did it the right way.

Reactions: Cimriver
am i the only one to think at the least its morally wrong to get and use refresh after the drones been wrecked?

No you are not. But at least he was honest and disclosed to the rep that he had purchased the Refresh after crashing the drone, but the rep allowed him to exploit the loophole anyway. The OP can sleep with a clean conscience thanks to the benevolence of that DJI employee. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Ripper7620
am i the only one to think at the least its morally wrong to get and use refresh after the drones been wrecked?.,can we all not feel that this isnt how the system works,would you teach your kids to cheat the rules the same way>?
hopefully dji doesnt check flight logs and realize it already had been wrecked,seems to me they surely have run into this before

But I wonder how many genuine claims DJI have denied by exploiting certain loopholes?
How many people have done it all the correct way, only to be told they can't use their refresh but "here's a voucher towards your next DJI drone"?

The OP got lucky but I would have tried the same if it was hours after buying the drone, I'm sure most people would.

I don't see it as cheating the rules as much as trying your luck.
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose (and judging by what I read about DJI, more often than not, you lose).

UPDATE !!!

Happy flying to all,
Kgwild1
Similar experience with DJI, easy & quick. I did post about my positive results. [emoji4]

Reactions: Ripper7620

Actually it’s DJI “rule” that allows him to register it in the timeframe he did. Nowhere does it say he can’t if he crashed in that parameter.
Morally? That’s a personal choice but to guilt him, is that not morally wrong as well since he did nothing wrong?
Please show us what rule he “cheated”
Waiting your response..........

To the OP, glad you got your equipment repaired and purchased your refresh plan in the proper allotted timeframe and DJI followed thru on their pledge with good customer service

Last edited:
How many people have done it all the correct way, only to be told they can't use their refresh but "here's a voucher towards your next DJI drone"?
I've never read about a Refresh claim being denied.
It's as close as it gets to a "no questions asked" policy, the only restriction is about intentional damage.

I don’t see it as exploiting the system as it seems he was honest with the rep, told the truth about it and wasn’t misleading and they said they would cover it. Seems like great customer service on their part.

I’d have an issue if he wasn’t truthful with them or filed a false claim.

You could always mail DJI a cheque of you feel that bad about it? Then again, these things almost certainly come out of the factory gate at a cost not much different to the price of the insurance and replacement fee so to think that they've lost money on the deal is naive.

Flying in sports mode isn’t the problem, the problem is sports mode where there is not enough space.

No you are not. But at least he was honest and disclosed to the rep that he had purchased the Refresh after crashing the drone, but the rep allowed him to exploit the loophole anyway. The OP can sleep with a clean conscience thanks to the benevolence of that DJI employee. Thumbswayup
read reread,bent words,meanings and still cant see where the op disclosed he wrecked it before having refresh but no matter if he is ok with it then so be it
perhaps this is where the phrase ''honest thief'' comes from.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi