DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Server error. Wait a moment and try again

It's not directly a DJI issue. Their server is up and running. The problem is that some DNS systems can't or won't look up the numerical address for the download server from the URL of the server. My ISP promised me that they weren't blocking any traffic to China, but I'm suspicious that's what's causing this.

If you have control over the DNS settings for your router, you can resolve the problem by switching to another DNS that can look up the server. I switched from my ISP's DNS to the Google DNS last year and haven't had a problem since.
Just strange that updating the RC firmware and the FlySafe database was no problem.
As I noted in #11, I prefer not to tamper with my router settings now everything (except DJI) works perfect.

Reactions: MS Coast
Just strange that updating the RC firmware and the FlySafe database was no problem.
As I noted in #11, I prefer not to tamper with my router settings now everything (except DJI) works perfect.
I ran into that on a previous update, too. I suspect the Fly app software resides on a different server from the hardware-related update files.

It's not directly a DJI issue. Their server is up and running. The problem is that some DNS systems can't or won't look up the numerical address for the download server from the URL of the server. My ISP promised me that they weren't blocking any traffic to China, but I'm suspicious that's what's causing this.

If you have control over the DNS settings for your router, you can resolve the problem by switching to another DNS that can look up the server. I switched from my ISP's DNS to the Google DNS last year and haven't had a problem since.
That might make some sense if it was both the aircraft update AND Flysafe , but the flysafe update is flawless every time.
For the record, my home DNS has been set to Google for years...that isn't the issue.

I appreciate your thoughts on what it might be, but I am 100% convinced this is a DJI issue, NOT our own DNS being the issue. There are enough people all over with this problem. Even if it were a DNS issue, then DJI should figure out a work-around like they have with Flysafe.

Reactions: Ronny St.
That might make some sense if it was both the aircraft update AND Flysafe , but the flysafe update is flawless every time.
For the record, my home DNS has been set to Google for years...that isn't the issue.

I appreciate your thoughts on what it might be, but I am 100% convinced this is a DJI issue, NOT our own DNS being the issue. There are enough people all over with this problem. Even if it were a DNS issue, then DJI should figure out a work-around like they have with Flysafe.
Fully agree with that!

I noticed I wasn’t seeing any updates available on my Fly app on any of my drones when I flew and I knew they were updates available. I was getting the same server error. I recycled my wireless access point and it fixed the issues in my case

Well, you may be right. Or there may be other issues involved.

Ruling out the DNS in your case doesn't confirm that it's 100% a DJI issue. As indicted by discussions here, most DJI users never have the problem, so it's difficult to conclude that DJI is solely to blame. Perhaps there's a combination of things that produce a problem for some users, including you and me.

For me, switching the DNS values immediately removed the problem. As a confirmation, I reset the DNS back to the original values and the problem reappeared. It's entirely possible that there's another factor that's present in your system and absent in mine that accounts for the difference in results.

Good luck with a resolution. Press ahead and don't wait for DJI. Share the fix here when you find it. As you say, we're not the only two DJI owners who have encountered the problem.

Bought me a second (cheap) router and configured it for Google DNS. I did not want to risk loosing my security cameras connected to my principal router, so I left it online during the process.
Even with the Google DNS the error message kept coming. So no trace of progress at this moment. I think I will let the update pass by, as I seem not to have problems with the current AC firmware (01.05.000).

Bought me a second (cheap) router and configured it for Google DNS. I did not want to risk loosing my security cameras connected to my principal router, so I left it online during the process.
Even with the Google DNS the error message kept coming. So no trace of progress at this moment. I think I will let the update pass by, as I seem not to have problems with the current AC firmware (01.05.000).
Well, that's disappointing.

It seems that there's still something else that differs between your system and internet connection and those of the majority of DJI users for whom the update process works.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird