DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Server error. Wait a moment and try again

Could be their server is very busy, a few days ago I was checking for any updates and got the same message. A few hours later worked fine.

If you have a second gateway attach via that. The variuos providers filter request differently. I have a sumiliar proplem on my M3 when I was swapping controllers from RC Pro back to RC and needed several updates. I swicthed to a different providers gateway service and worked fine. You can also use a hotspot on your phone if it is with a different provider.

Followup- ISPs tend to do a lot of different things to control useage at different times of day. They throttle performance , restrict access and control what is going over the circuit they lease. If you do a lot of internet work always a good idea to have a second provider be it a phone hotspot or another gateway from a different service. Make sure the second source is on a different network.

Last edited:
If you have a second gateway attach via that. The variuos providers filter request differently. I have a sumiliar proplem on my M3 when I was swapping controllers from RC Pro back to RC and needed several updates. I swicthed to a different providers gateway service and worked fine. You can also use a hotspot on your phone if it is with a different provider.
Thanks, didn't think of using the cell phone. I have a good amount of tethering I can do in my plan, but haven't yet.

Followup- ISPs tend to do a lot of different things to control useage at different times of day. They throttle performance , restrict access and control what is going over the circuit they lease. If you do a lot of internet work always a good idea to have a second provider be it a phone hotspot or another gateway from a different service. Make sure the second source is on a different network.
Same error here... But how can one switch to a different providers gateway? I have only one provider here for internet, tv, etc...

I get the message 'Server error. Wait a moment and try again. Error code 0x1103a0090012' and then this message disappears immediately. Waited and tried again several times, but same error. Turned off blue tooth, tried in hotspot mode, but no progress. I am still on 01.05.0000 and cannot get updated. Every other update (RC and FlySafe database is installed without problems.

@Len: weren't you logged in to connect the AC to the app?

Last edited:
Use your cell phone hotspot as a alternate gateway. You may have to turn that service on at your cell service provider. The odds on it being on the same network are not real good as a result you turn your cell into a alternate gateway. If the hotspot is not available contact your cell company.

Use your cell phone hotspot as a alternate gateway. You may have to turn that service on at your cell service provider. The odds on it being on the same network are not real good as a result you turn your cell into a alternate gateway. If the hotspot is not available contact your cell company.
Well, I tried that already, but same error result 😢

I had to change the DNS (domain name server) settings for my wireless router to resolve that error. Switching to the Google DNS values did the trick.

Thank you for your tip, MS Coast. I did find that on the forum, but I prefer not to tamper with my router settings. I have 7 security cameras and a weather station 24/7 connected via WiFi and it took days to get it all properly configured and working, so you'll understand that I don't want to take the risk to mess it all up again.
I could try to update the Mini 2 firmware on the WiFi router of some friends, and hope that might do the job. Unless you (or someone else) has another suggestion, of course ;)

Thank you for your tip, MS Coast. I did find that on the forum, but I prefer not to tamper with my router settings. I have 7 security cameras and a weather station 24/7 connected via WiFi and it took days to get it all properly configured and working, so you'll understand that I don't want to take the risk to mess it all up again.
I could try to update the Mini 2 firmware on the WiFi router of some friends, and hope that might do the job. Unless you (or someone else) has another suggestion, of course ;)
Have you tried updating via the DJI Assistant software?

Reactions: Ronny St.
This has been VERY annoying. Can't update with the RC, can't update with the RC-N1. Have an Air 2S. Went to the DJI site to download / find the DJI Assistant software...can't find a link to anything but PDF's!

arrrghhghhghghhhhhhhh

Oh...tried my home wifi, tried my phone hotspot...nada on either. Logged in to the account. logged out... logged in, logged out...logged in...logged out...hahaha

Ok, clearly I'm an idiot. I didn't realize the Assistant was for a Mac or a PC. I presumed it was for a phone, doh! SO, got the assistant loaded, connected the AC, and..... "Network Error (3-3) Please retry". Again, tried with my cell hotspot and mu home. They ARE entirely different networks.

And THEN...it changed from that error to (wait for it) "No FIGHT Logs"...that's not my typo...it's theirs!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Ronny St.
Finally got the Assistant 2 to see my mini 3 pro and it got to 99% updating the new 1.00,600 and failed. Restarting it ONLY SHOWS 1.00.500 as the official current firmware. Restart and it shows 1.00.600 again and failed at 75%. Hmmm
It is clear that updating from the DJI servers is a complete mess. And that is since a long time now. Apparently they don't worry that so much customers complain about that. Shame on DJI! I tried the same as you did: attempting to update via internet connection (4G) and again with my phone in hotspot mode. Neither worked 😫

It is clear that updating from the DJI servers is a complete mess. And that is since a long time now. Apparently they don't worry that so much customers complain about that. Shame on DJI! I tried the same as you did: attempting to update via internet connection (4G) and again with my phone in hotspot mode. Neither worked 😫
It's not directly a DJI issue. Their server is up and running. The problem is that some DNS systems can't or won't look up the numerical address for the download server from the URL of the server. My ISP promised me that they weren't blocking any traffic to China, but I'm suspicious that's what's causing this.

If you have control over the DNS settings for your router, you can resolve the problem by switching to another DNS that can look up the server. I switched from my ISP's DNS to the Google DNS last year and haven't had a problem since.

Reactions: Felix le Chat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet