DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Settings maintained in drove vs app ? Recommendations ?

RoboticTundra

Reactions
Is there a good reference for what settings are maintained in the drone and which are controlled by app? And, which are accessible from which app; GO4, Asst 2, Litchi, etc.? And, recommendations for best settings for various purposes?

Thanks,

That's a whole lot of questions.

let me first answer one of them:

All flight control settings are stored in the drone, as well as the camera settings. GO4 updates however are prone to set some settings back to default, so always check your settings after every GO update. And always check if the app has been updated since your last flight. And of course after any firmware update check the settings again.

I believe that msinger among others answered this in earlier threads.

“The settings are stored on the Mavic, the Mavic batteries, and the mobile device where DJI GO is installed. The settings stored on your mobile device will need to be manually copied to all mobile devices.”As far as best settings are concerned, I think it would be helpful if you were more specific about this question. Sunny, cloudy, overcast, windy?

The settings stored on your mobile device will need to be manually copied to all mobile devices.
Not in my experience. If I change any setting on my android, next time I use my Ipad Mini2 the settings happen to be changed accordingly as well. Everything vital for flight and camera is stored in the drone and the batteries (battery specific data). Only app/device specific settings are kept by the app, like cache size (depends on type of device and preferences) and flight logs, which you can synchronise through the DJI cloud.

Yes this is true provided your device is connected to the Internet. Fortunately most of my devices always have connection to the Internet however quite a few users here remove Sim cards from their devices.

GO4 updates however are prone to set some settings back to default, so always check your settings after every GO update. And always check if the app has been updated since your last flight. And of course after any firmware update check the settings again.
That's a very disconcerting statement. Thanks for the heads up though.

If I switch from Litchi to GO4 then some camera settings will change so these appear to be app controlled rather than maintained by the drone. They may be stored in the drone but GO4 are overwriting them. I have not seen the same going from Go4 to Litchi, Autopilot or Fieldagent.

Not in my experience. If I change any setting on my android, next time I use my Ipad Mini2 the settings happen to be changed accordingly as well. Everything vital for flight and camera is stored in the drone and the batteries (battery specific data). Only app/device specific settings are kept by the app, like cache size (depends on type of device and preferences) and flight logs, which you can synchronise through the DJI cloud.

Upon further thought, I think that my experiences relate to the fact that I shut down and start using the following sequence. IMHO, I think this is the best way to retain settings, otherwise they may not be saved the next time you go to fly .

My Sequence:

Power-Up
1-Transmitter
2-Aircraft
2-Go-App

Power Down
1- Aircraft
2- Transmitter
3- Go App

I think that if the Aircraft is powered off first, this will "Lock " The changes made to it, also if you turned the Transmitter off first, there is the slim chance of a rogue frequency launching the aircraft. For this reason I always power up the transmitter first.

Just my 2 cents

P

I can switch back any forth between my iPhone 6 and iPad mini 4 and how ever I had the MP set up the last time I flew, will appear that way on what ever device I use next. With the device disconnected from the MP and I open the GO4 app, some of the settings appear on the screen and some do not. I haven't tried Ps (ksmusa's) startup/shutdown sequence yet, but will give it try. I also notice that some setting on the GO4 app can be changed when the device is not connected, but don't remember it they will revert back once the MP is connected to the GO4 device. will try that tomorrow too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98