DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setup Questions

eroeder

Reactions
I am really at my wits end. I come from a GoPro multi setup and never had to deal with these issues. What settings do I need to do to get clear photos on what otherwise is a great sunny day? I've gone to manual focus, been touching the screen periodically, and even did the C1 with the googles to look at something and adjust focus. still no luck. I have a filter on too. Oddly, video is clear and the only thing odd is a strange pixilation on my mini laptop screen which may on be an issue with the resolution of this screen. Will have to check on a big screen.

What am I doing wrong. I love the Mavic but am getting upset I cannot consistently take good photos.

Attachments

• DJI_0013.JPG
    DJI_0013.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 47
  • DJI_0028.JPG
    DJI_0028.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
  • DJI_0050.JPG
    DJI_0050.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 49
Interesting. Seems everywhere I read it says to use a filter. Ok, I'll take it off.

Also, I am not sure if I accidentally turned something on, but edges of objects have a red outline which changes with the camera focus (wide red down to gone). Do I need that? How do I turn it off? Since I don't know what it is called it can't find the setting to adjust.

Interesting. Seems everywhere I read it says to use a filter. Ok, I'll take it off.

Also, I am not sure if I accidentally turned something on, but edges of objects have a red outline which changes with the camera focus (wide red down to gone). Do I need that? How do I turn it off? Since I don't know what it is called it can't find the setting to adjust.

For video you will almost always need an ND filter in bright conditions, not so much for still photography. It sounds like you have focus peaking turned on which highlights everything that is in focus in red. I will double check on the new app but the switch should be in the camera settings.

Of course, I go out today and my controller and Mavic won't connect to each other (never happened before). I see an update to the software, but cannot download over cellular due to file size. No fly day today....Ah the joy. I will test tonight and ready things for tomorrow!

That is funny, I thought red was bad and out of focus. I was manually focusing the wrong way! Dooh!

Your response is even funnier! It is all good and a great learning experience.

Reactions: eroeder

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna