DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shakey Video

Ros T

Reactions
MEDIA]I
I am a newbie with a Mavic Pro drone. I went and shot some video the other day and it came out shakey. Can someone give me some pointers or some ideas to fix it.

Last edited:
Can you upload a sample to YouTube?
Its a lot easier to give advice if we can see the problem.

Rob

I am a newbie with a Mavic Pro drone. I went and shot some video the other day and it came out shakey. Can someone give me some pointers or some ideas to fix it.
Uhh..gotta give us more. Shakey comes in various forms.
Edit: oh I get it...it's a game!
Ok. Which direction does it shake?

You really gotta upload some longer footage where problem is more evident. 9 sec and staring like crazy. Hard to see shake.

Sorry my first video was the wrong one. I swapped it out with the correct video.

Well after doing a little more reading I decided to calibrate my IMU, I'll have to go back out and see what it does after that.

Last edited:
I see what you are talking about. Looks as though some interference or strong breeze of wind shakes the camera sporadically.

Sorry my first video was the wrong one. I swapped it out with the correct video.

Well after doing a little more reading I decided to calibrate my IMU, I'll have to go back out and see what it does after that.
Jello. If your gimbal is located the way it should and rubbers are not damaged likely it's hardware issue of the camera board inside. You can try FW refresh IMU and gimbal calibration but if that does not cure it (prob not) it has to go for repair. Sorry for bad news.

I'll try everything FW refresh IMU and gimbal calibration and see what happens. A little more information, wind was mild and temp was in the upper 20's. I don't know if the low temp made any difference but I guess that is a possibility.

No. Either calibration or bad hardware. Likely last one. Mav is really robust and is not that sensitive as some say. From 5 mavs i had 2 were badly produced. Rest never ever had issues. Bad ones replaced/repaired under warranty.

Wind? What was the wind like was it gusting. It looked like it happened when you started to move. That's a vibration.

Could the propellers be a cause as well? Maybe they are badly balanced or deformed. The base plate of the gimbal may be affected and does not fit properly in the soft eyelets.

I think I'll ship it off and let the pro's take a look at it. Took it up last night and the video feed would also go blank for a couple seconds then come back on. It did that about three times on a very short flight, plus the wobble was still there.

I think I'll ship it off and let the pro's take a look at it. Took it up last night and the video feed would also go blank for a couple seconds then come back on. It did that about three times on a very short flight, plus the wobble was still there.
Wise choice. Tinkering can be lotta fun but this one likely needs a new gimbal board. Without proper diagnostics you will lose a lot of time and no improvement. Good luck and post the result if you like.

Good news, I finally got everything working great. There were only two changes made. 1st the temperature was in the 50's not down in the 20's like the last time. The 2nd thing I changed was the USB cord. I use an ipad Mini and I noticed that I would randomly lose connection from the controller to the ipad. I was still able to control the mavic pro so I bought a new USB cord.

Now I know your going to say neither of those things would have caused the problems I had in that last video, but all I can say is that now everything is working. Go figure!!!

Reactions: mnis
Good news, I finally got everything working great. There were only two changes made. 1st the temperature was in the 50's not down in the 20's like the last time. The 2nd thing I changed was the USB cord. I use an ipad Mini and I noticed that I would randomly lose connection from the controller to the ipad. I was still able to control the mavic pro so I bought a new USB cord.

Now I know your going to say neither of those things would have caused the problems I had in that last video, but all I can say is that now everything is working. Go figure!!!

That's great to hear! Hope it stays that way now. By the first signs it goes bad again have it checked though. The temp should not have been a factor to start with and usb...using the side port always gave issues but never jello.

Well another flight and the problem is back. At least it's not loosing connection from the controller to the tablet anymore. Back to the drawing board, ot I guess back to DJI.

Just a few more considerations:

Can we assume that you know how the gimbal of the M1P with its base plate must fit correctly in the soft silicone loops?
Did you check it?

Do you know that damaged, wrong or badly produced propellers can cause the problem you described?
Did you test replacement propellers?

Do you use an additional filter mounted on the gimbal?

It is unlikely, but not to be ruled out that the included SD card has something to do with the problem.
Have you tried an alternative SD card?

I am not sure what the IMU calibration has to do with your problem. I'd rather try a gimbal calibration ...

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them all. I do know that the rubber bands are in good shape, that was the first ting I did.

Reactions: mnis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute