Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: powered aircraft off/on

What device are you using? ipad

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? newest

What Go app version are you using? newest version Go4

Any modification? its all a stock unit

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Yes, see below

Hello, I see there are many threads here with folks having issues with their gimbals. My difference is that mine seemed OK after powering the aircraft off and back on again.

See this video for example:

Here is my flight info, not much there: https://app.airdata.com/share/mglndv

Does this mean that my Mavic Pro Platinum is going to start having more issues? It has never been crashed, or even had a hard landing. It has been a stellar aircraft.

The ONLY thing I can think of that may be related is that it was in the trunk of my car, and it was fairly hot (around 90 degrees) when I went to fly. The gimbal actually felt pretty warm to the touch after I landed it.

Thanks for any ideas you may have on this situation.

Problem? Shaky gimbal/video - even before taking off

Was unit in a crash? no

Hello, I see there are many threads here with folks having issues with their gimbals. My difference is that mine seemed OK after powering the aircraft off and back on again.

Here is my flight info, not much there:
Does this mean that my Mavic Pro Platinum is going to start having more issues? It has never been crashed, or even had a hard landing. It has been a stellar aircraft.

The ONLY thing I can think of that may be related is that it was in the trunk of my car, and it was fairly hot (around 90 degrees) when I went to fly. The gimbal actually felt pretty warm to the touch after I landed it.

I suspect the gimbal was sitting awkwardly on the vibration plate and this caused the shaking but when you powered it off and touched it kinda went back into place.

You’ll notice the gimbal jumps around fairly violently on start up and sometime it can get itself kinda hung up on there.

Of course I can’t possibly know for sure but I think there’s nothing to worry about

Last edited:
Reactions: jimlips
Unless the issue repeats I’d just fly it. On a side note, here in the AZ desert I carry all electronics inside my air conditioned car. If ambient temp is 90 degrees the trunk may be 150 easily. Maybe the bird just needed to cool off. Of course a small dust particle in the mechanism is an outside gues.

I’ve had this happen to me twice now, mine was caused by the gimbal hitting the landing pad on startup. Every time I start my Mavic up I lift it off the pad until the gimbal has done it’s “self test”

Not had any issues since?

Reactions: jimlips
Problem? Shaky gimbal/video - even before taking off

Was unit in a crash? no

Here is my flight info, not much there:

i would try another sd card first and take a look at the vibration board it’s possible one or more of the rubber bands are damaged

i would try another sd card first and take a look at the vibration board it’s possible one or more of the rubber bands are damaged
Hi Bill:

Thanks for the reply. My rubber bands do look a little stretched out. Are these something I can get from DJI and replace myself?

gimbal.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky