DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sharing M2EA position to a map system?

Flygfoto

Reactions
Hi guys!
My name is Peter and I am new to this forum, but I have been flying most of the DJI phantom and mavic models since 2014.

I also have the M2EA, that I use for search and rescue here in the small archipelago in the Baltic Sea where I live (the Åland islands)

The organisation that I volounteer for, are working on a system where they can see all participants (rescue dogs, first aid crew etc.) on a map in real time, to make it easier to coordinate the rescue missions.

And now we would also like to find a way to add the position of my drone to that map.
So my question is if anyone knows if there is a way to share/send the position from the drone digitally, so that it could be recognised by a software/server and shown on a map?

Or is the only way to share the position of the drone to "manually" inform others by just giving the GPS coordinates on my screen?

I hope you understand my question, since english is not my native language
🙂

Sounds like a job for Remote ID but how you would integrate it into other software is a question I can't answer.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself

Maybe Drone Tracking Software?

Reactions: Flygfoto
Sounds like a job for Remote ID but how you would integrate it into other software is a question I can't answer.
Aha, that could be possible...but as you say, I don't know how to fetch that data so I could add it to an existing map system. But I am in contact with a technical team at DJI now, so we will see what the can do :)

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself

Maybe Drone Tracking Software?

Thank you very much GFields!

I will surely write a short presentation of myself as soon as I have some time to spare!

Yes, I have actually spoken to a more technical guy in the rescue team that has a small tracking device that we might be able to attach to the drone. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is if that will some how mess with the compass or other sensors on the drone, or reduce the range in any way. But I am right now in contact with a technical team at DJI, so first I will see if they can help me out in any way. If so, I will share the possible solution here too, so it hopefully can help other too.

I have also recieved a "wet suit" for the drone that I ordered from the states. They claim that you can fly the drone in heavy rain with it on, so I will test that soon too :)

Thank you very much GFields!

I will surely write a short presentation of myself as soon as I have some time to spare!

Yes, I have actually spoken to a more technical guy in the rescue team that has a small tracking device that we might be able to attach to the drone. The only thing I'm a bit worried about is if that will some how mess with the compass or other sensors on the drone, or reduce the range in any way. But I am right now in contact with a technical team at DJI, so first I will see if they can help me out in any way. If so, I will share the possible solution here too, so it hopefully can help other too.

I have also recieved a "wet suit" for the drone that I ordered from the states. They claim that you can fly the drone in heavy rain with it on, so I will test that soon too :)
Perhaps you purchased it from one of the forum's approved vendors, @Phantomrain.org? If not, they can help answer any questions in that regard.

Hi guys!
My name is Peter and I am new to this forum, but I have been flying most of the DJI phantom and mavic models since 2014.

I also have the M2EA, that I use for search and rescue here in the small archipelago in the Baltic Sea where I live (the Åland islands)

The organisation that I volounteer for, are working on a system where they can see all participants (rescue dogs, first aid crew etc.) on a map in real time, to make it easier to coordinate the rescue missions.

And now we would also like to find a way to add the position of my drone to that map.
So my question is if anyone knows if there is a way to share/send the position from the drone digitally, so that it could be recognised by a software/server and shown on a map?

Or is the only way to share the position of the drone to "manually" inform others by just giving the GPS coordinates on my screen?

I hope you understand my question, since english is not my native language
🙂
Your English is great! I have been looking into ATAK for a while but have not integrated it into the drone yet. Here is the first search info that came up and provides a description: What is ATAK? (WITH PICTURES!)

I am hoping to have the ability to integrate with a private network - not DJI Flighthub 2 - to an APRS repeater system using droid tablets linked to VHF. Both to send/receive location coordinates and to send/rec text messages.

Here is another link to a youtube fire dept that uses it: https://www.youtube.com/@thetaksyndicate6234/videos

It would be good if we can share info on this in a public forum.

Reactions: Flygfoto
Your English is great! I have been looking into ATAK for a while but have not integrated it into the drone yet. Here is the first search info that came up and provides a description: What is ATAK? (WITH PICTURES!)

I am hoping to have the ability to integrate with a private network - not DJI Flighthub 2 - to an APRS repeater system using droid tablets linked to VHF. Both to send/receive location coordinates and to send/rec text messages.

Here is another link to a youtube fire dept that uses it: https://www.youtube.com/@thetaksyndicate6234/videos

It would be good if we can share info on this in a public forum.
Hi Horsefly! Thank you very much, I appreciate that :)

Aha, that sounds very interesting! I will take a closer look at that, because I just got a reply from DJI Technical Team that there is no way to just send the position, other than livestream the videofeed where the position can be shown as GPS coordinates.

On the facebook forums, I have so far found out that there is something called DroneTag, which have a 4G RemoteID module you can attach to your M2EA and then see where it is in realtime. They have an API so you could use that to tie in with your other software if it allows. But I haven't looked into that deeper yet.

I have also found a page: Complete Drone in a Box Automation Software | FlytNow
They also claim to have some software (as I understand it), where you can livestream both GPS coordinates and video etc. You can request a demo there too, but I haven't had the time to do that either.

It may take a while, since I got lots of other things to do, but I will get back to this thread and tell more about it if I get something to work :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000