DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shopping

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum!
As Thomas B pointed out, you must take the test to acquire an FAA UAV Part 107 certificate before you can even think about flying for any purpose other than recreationally.

As for what to buy... DJI is about to release the DJI Air2s in just a few days. It will be (theoretically) replacing the Mavic Air 2 which is a great quad in it's own right. You can get started with a Mavic Air 2 with all the needed accessories to get started for around $1000. DJI tends to have product on hand at retailers pretty close to release dates. If it's not too much more than the Mavic Air 2 the Air2s is probably the one you should target.

You're right about not going for the Mini 2. It's a great drone for what it is and you could get by with it. But I think you'll be happier with the Air2s in the long run. FWIW I have a Mavic 2 pro and a Mini 2 and am happy to have both. But if I only had to keep one I'd choose the Mavic 2. If I knew back when i started (with a Mini 1) what know now I'd have chosen the Mavic Air 2.

Hello from the Crossroads of America LeeF.

Nice to meet you Lee. ?

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hey everyone, I'm Lee, I'm actually pretty excited getting into this. My friend wants me to help in real estate so shopping out what I should use to get started without breaking the bank but still a decent drone with a good camera. I think I settled on the Mavic Air, not the mini. What do you think?
I'd wait for the MA2 S - since it's supposed to have the 1"sensor. Supposed to be available towards end of April, but nobody seems to know the real price point.

If beyond your budget, go with the MA2 (prices seem to be going lower - get the Flymore kit with extra batteries and such) - great drone for video and pictures. Very stable and batteries last a good 20-25 min is the REAL WORLD of drone flying.

Hey everyone, I'm Lee, I'm actually pretty excited getting into this. My friend wants me to help in real estate so shopping out what I should use to get started without breaking the bank but still a decent drone with a good camera. I think I settled on the Mavic Air, not the mini. What do you think?
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! I have the Mavic Air and love it! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Yes,I will,can you recommend any cram classes, or books?
You can find commonly used study resources here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78