DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shorter control sticks?

MavicMike55

Reactions
I was just thinking about this...
Wouldn't it be nice if instead of DJI giving you an extra set of control sticks, they'd give you two options.... Shorter sticks or the ones that come with it now. I was just trying to imagine using shorter ones in place of what they have now. It might actually be easier to control for some folks. They would probably be better for the thumbers, but might actually work well for pinchers too. I'm curious to hear some thoughts on this.

Yes, I agree. I have XL hands so I bought these for my Mini. I’m thinking I will use them on the Air 2.

This would be great for the consumer but difficult for the manufacturer and retailers.

Reactions: InterstateP
I really like that idea thanks man!! Maybe Dji will see this post...:oops:

I know I'm a bit late to the party on this one but I just saw a video of a guy that doesn't use sticks at all. And he's a super pro so I don't think length of joysticks necessarily = better results. I'm going to try this without sticks...it would be cool to find just some little nubs you could screw in.

I know I'm a bit late to the party on this one but I just saw a video of a guy that doesn't use sticks at all. And he's a super pro so I don't think length of joysticks necessarily = better results. I'm going to try this without sticks...it would be cool to find just some little nubs you could screw in.
Go to a hardware store, get a roundhead screw with the appropriate thread size, and cut it off to your desired length. Get several so you can experiment on length.

Go to a hardware store, get a roundhead screw with the appropriate thread size, and cut it off to your desired length. Get several so you can experiment on length.
I did this, then glued on a couple of rubber covers from those springy door stops to give it some grip.

Works great.

It seems that with the MA2 controller, pinching the sticks would lose some control of the camera. I've found that my forefingers are used a lot for adjusting the gimbal and zoom on the left and taking photos/videos on the right.

Personally I like the MA2 sticks and do not have a need to change, although I have seen a number of aftermarket sticks. One has an adjustable length with the outer part able to be screwed up and down over an inner stud.