DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I buy Mini 2 that has a small crack for $300

alberto2000

Reactions
I have a chance to pick up a Mavic Mini 2 that has a small crack on one of its arms attachment point, see the picture. The seller says it has no impact on flying and could be easily fixed with superglue or similar. He wants $300 for it including remote and original packaging, etc. Should I do it?

154544666_256236126098533_6958587315518225884_n.png

It looks the crack extends all the way to the screw hole.
The crack is due to an impact on the arm bending it.
Are there any marks on the top bodyshell from where the propeller might have struck.

Last edited:
Reactions: kidroc
@alberto2000 i dont wish to sound negative ,but what is the reason it has a crack in the first place ,and if it is so easy to fix why doesnt the seller fix it himself ,sorry but it all sounds to good to be true to me ,just my opinion

Is the area under the red line a crack?
If so I would want to know what caused it. A "hands on" test flight is required at an absolute minimum. The area supports the front arm pivot so if it breaks away I suspect the arm would be loose.
I doubt I would like a glued repair in such an area.
You don't know the history of this drone and that is some fairly major damage.
Consequently I think you are looking at a total rebuild to replace that portion of the shell.
How much of a discount is it when compared to 'undamaged' second hand Mini 2s on the likes of ebay?
If not significant I would be inclined to pass especially if you would not be attempting a rebuild yourself.

Attachments

• 154544666_2C&P.png
    154544666_2C&P.png
    406.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RMS001
What is the average second hand price of an undamaged mini 2 where you are?
Are you thinking of gluing or rebuilding?
Do you have the tools and skill to rebuild it?
What is the cost of that section of the shell?

Reactions: sikspy
I have a chance to pick up a Mavic Mini 2 that has a small crack on one of its arms attachment point, see the picture. The seller says it has no impact on flying and could be easily fixed with superglue or similar. He wants $300 for it including remote and original packaging, etc. Should I do it?

View attachment 124607
No. It's that simple.

View attachment 124607
Buy it send it in for repair to DJI get a Refreash Package* for $49 you will have a good Camera Drone

* Refreash Package is a Warranty
Facilityman7

Buy it send it in for repair to DJI get a Refreash Package* for $49 you will have a good Camera Drone

* Refreash Package is a Warranty
Facilityman7
You can’t buy a refresh unless the unit is fairly new

Reactions: RMS001
You could easily have regrets. That crack extends into both the frame and leg. Even with a better deal your repair bill could add $200. If it were just the arm that would be easier to fix. You'd have much more confidence in one without this issue.

My answer is yes IF YOU CAN GET HIM DOWN ON PRICE!!! BECAUSE if you are pretty good with repairs you can find a new body shell on AMAZON for $13.99 free shipping (NINEFOX Original DJI MINI-2 body shell for repairs) and you can also get the whole arm with motor on AMAZON for around $27.00 for DJI MINI-2 maybe a little bit cheaper if you look around for it on AMAZON good luck with it and GOD BLESS ✝️✝️✝️ SINCERELY CLAY B.

Stay away from other pilots nightmares - this is a big red flag telling you there could be something wrong with the drone causing it to crash, and/or tell you its found Terra Firma.

Buy yourself a new drone so you know the history!

Mike

View attachment 124607
No. Headaches will follow quickly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25