DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I buy?

A lot of other folks customers would accept non 4K video - so that tells nothing

A toy is something you give children - this isn’t in that space but I understand you might feel it’s less professional than drones that cost 2x + times more . Calling it a toy is a bit off.

It fills the need in the market “for a sub 250g drone that allows enthusiasts to use it without the need for a proper licence” afaik I don’t see a marketing demand for a ‘toy’ drone

Most members are using it ‘for fun’ ... does everything that provides fun mean it’s a toy? I don’t think so..

Lots of expensive toys out there .. I would agree it is probably not a serious commercial drone but it does have a place in the world nonetheless

Reactions: Bonkshagalistic
A lot of other folks customers would accept non 4K video - so that tells nothing

A toy is something you give children - this isn’t in that space but I understand you might feel it’s less professional than drones that cost 2x + times more . Calling it a toy is a bit off.

It fills the need in the market “for a sub 250g drone that allows enthusiasts to use it without the need for a proper licence” afaik I don’t see a marketing demand for a ‘toy’ drone

Most members are using it ‘for fun’ ... does everything that provides fun mean it’s a toy? I don’t think so..

Lots of expensive toys out there .. I would agree it is probably not a serious commercial drone but it does have a place in the world nonetheless
Is a tello a toy ?

Using something for fun basically means it's a toy, nothing wrong with that. I have a couple of old sports cars that I wouldn't give a kid (or even a twenty year old) that are definitely toys. I could see this being used to good effect for youtube videos on social media, but really it's not going to be a videographer's first choice, especially as if you use it for commercial purposes you have to register it anyway which gets rid of it's main selling point (imo). I think it's great for travel and grabbing some quick video if the weather is good for personal use, but I don't see anyone making much money with it, at least not directly.

For me, I have a decent camera, a go pro and now this to allow me to document some of my activities for those that can't come or might be interested later on, but purely for personal enjoyment. It would have been less enjoyment and more work with a larger unit requiring registration and larger storage requirements.

The MM is more of a bare bones selfie drone. Not sure how you intend to use it or your location but both of those issues would probably be your biggest concerns. If you live in a windy area you might not get as much flight time as you wanted. If your looking at a follow me or active track this also might not be the drone to use.

Is a tello a toy ?
Based on DJI web site the Trello is aimed at the younger market as is the Spark .... I have no experience of either but you could infer at the price point the Spark is at , comparable with the mini that the mini could indeed be considered a toy .. I just don’t think it is and I’d probably disagree the Spark is a kids drone ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes