DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I choose mm2 or mm?

Lillelund

Reactions
Hi
I'm in the situation that I want to buy my first drone and I would like to buy a MM2 or MM. I know that DJI has improved a lot of things on the mm2, but it's also pricier.
Right now I can buy a MM2 combo for 565€ and the MM combo for 390€.
Which one would you choose?

If you can afford the extra money then definitely go with the MM2. It is worth the extra money and if you go with the Mini 1 and get addicted to drones then you will quickly want to upgrade anyway! The MM2 has enough features to last you a while even if you get into the hobby more seriously. Above all else it is worth it for the more reliable signal and wind resistance.

If you can afford the extra money then definitely go with the MM2. It is worth the extra money and if you go with the Mini 1 and get addicted to drones then you will quickly want to upgrade anyway! The MM2 has enough features to last you a while even if you get into the hobby more seriously. Above all else it is worth it for the more reliable signal and wind resistance.
Perfect, thank you guys. I've heard that MM2 doesn't work with litchi app, and the dealers do not recommend to use it anyway because MM and MM2 are without obstacle avoidance. What are your experiences?

I've owned a range of dji drones since the Phantom 3 Advanced. I used the litchi app with the P3 because the android version of the DJI Go app was very unstable at the time. Since then I've only ever used the DJI apps (DJI Go 4 with my Mavic 2, and DJI Fly with my Mavic Mini) as they have been stable for me with Huawei phones. I fly all shots manually so never really worried about needing the extra features of Litchi.

I went through this same decision two weeks ago myself. I decided to go with the Mini 2. What it came down to for me was the 4K video capability (future-proofing), the increased performance, and increased video transmission range. I don't have any 4K screens right now, but I probably will in a couple years as it becomes the industry standard. And since I primarily fly in areas that are rarely windless, I appreciated the additional wind resistance that the M2 offered, especially in such a lightweight drone. But the real factor was the long-distance video transmission range. While I don't think I'll ever be flying it 8km out, that extra juice should help when flying with trees in between me and the AC.

Well, I have just bought the Mini2 with flymore kit.
I didn't want to spend less money on something that had been superseeded.
The M2 is superior for the reasons above.
MM1 is good, but it's been outdated by the M2.
You might regret buying a MM1, but you won't regret buying the 2.
(I think you know already you want the Mini 2, don't you!)

Hi
I'm in the situation that I want to buy my first drone and I would like to buy a MM2 or MM. I know that DJI has improved a lot of things on the mm2, but it's also pricier.
I've got both and believe you me, get the mm2, far superior, more reliable in terms of connection between RC and drone, more options with camera in transfer of files without removing sd card. Just all-round better investment. Sure a little more expensive but worth while and if your able to afford the combo kit, even better

The biggest difference between the Mini 1 and Mini 2 is the range. You will find the Mini 1 too restrictive in this regard especially in urban environment. You can hack the Mini 2 to make the radio work in FCC mode but this is not possible for Mini 1 as the radio transmit power is determined by the hardware.

Hi
I'm possibly a bit late with my reply but here is the data I have collected comparing the Mavic Mini to the Mini 2. I have posted this several times now on MP but you may have missed it:
1. OcuSync 2.0
2. Better wind resistance scale 5. 18 – 23 mph ( 29-37 Km/hr). New motors.
3. Digital zoom feature. Up to 4 times.
4. 31 minute battery.
5. Front arms don’t twist/flex as much as on the MM. Plastic covers instead of foam as on Mini 1.
6. 4K video 30 fps.
7. Better props (not so flexible).
8. Top speed up from 29 mph to 36 mph (46- 58 Km/hr).
9. High video bit rate increased from 40 mbps to 100 mbps which gives a better image on your phone/tablet.
10. USB C ports.
11. Quieter than MM.
12. Bigger remote battery 5200 mAh. Twice the size of MM remote giving 6 hrs of flight time.
13. Can use Smart controller with it.
14. Shoots photos in RAW now.
15. Still under 249 grams
16. 4K Hyperlapse
17. Battery smart discharge feature.
18. Customisable button.
19. Lipo battery not Lion like Mini 1
20. Better angle for flying into wind
21. Lighter than Mini 1 at reported 242 grams.
22. Improved Quickshots. Dronie goes back further etc
23. Pano added
24. Front light (different colours available).
25. The remote works with the Mavic Air 2 as well.
26. Uses 3 satellite systems. The European Galileo is now available should give better GPS lock.
27. The yaw sensitivity can be adjusted in all 3 flight modes.

Therefore for an extra 175€ you have 27 extra features? 175 divided by 27 = 6.5€.
It's up to yourself to decide of course but I would have to say the occusync 2 alone is worth the extra cost. Stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones