DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I pursue a FAA Part 107?

Just got home from taking and passing my Part 107 test. I'd recommend just to have a greater respect for what it takes to be a safer pilot. Also a sense of pride as well. And like someone alludsd to in an earlier post, when you can show someone that you have taken the time and made the effort to get the FAA Certificate it could help if someone confronts you. I plan on getting a nice yelloq vest tgaf says "FAA Certified Drone Pilot" " Please do not disturb"

Use KittyHawk.

KittyHawk looks you up by your AirMan certificate and so when you submit a request for further coordination (manual approval) the FAA see who you are and who they are actually dealing with and I just got approval for 200’ in a zero grid the other day. I submitted on Sunday and it was approved first thing Monday morning at LAS which is pretty congested airspace granted I was out of the runway approach.

It will depend on the tower and the mission how quickly it gets approved but I’ve had better luck with KittyHawk.
Learned something new, thanks!

You might as well. It is neither expensive nor difficult. I took the course from remotepilot101.com

You might as well. It is neither expensive nor difficult. I took the course from remotepilot101.com
RemotePilot101 I agree. That's qhat I used as well. Informative short sessions videos, followed by some short quizzes to assure retention. Ability to hk back and review a section if you feel the need. At the end I took the "FINAL EXAM" several times until I was confident. The took it again the morning of my FAA test. Passed with flying colors. Search around, I found a coupon code and saved $50 on the tuition. Endedbup being around $100 if I recall.

OK, good idea to have 107. Costs $150 +- to take the test. You will learn a lot more about avaition. With government control of drones increasing every day, a 107 license could be an insurance policy. Bear in mind you need to retest every few years for $ To keep your license active.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee