DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I trust these Coordinates or search elsewhere??

Bocaine925

Reactions
So I lost signal of my Drone with 30% battery. Windy day time of flight. I have last frame footage of drone . not sure if it fell from the sky or it hovered with the wind until it had to RTH at 25%. The coordinates show it is in the tree. I searched the tree but no luck as of yet .But I wanted to know what you guys think. Should I keep searching the tree or perhaps elsewhere? How accurate is Aircrafts missing coordinates? The video shows it flying 70ft above tree. It's been a sleepless 8 days hoping to recover drone before July.. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-29-15-09-07.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-29-15-09-07.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_2018-05-29-17-11-55.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-29-17-11-55.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_2018-05-21-21-54-14.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-21-21-54-14.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 68
So I lost signal of my Drone with 30% battery. Windy day time of flight. I have last frame footage of drone . not sure if it fell from the sky or it hovered with the wind until it had to RTH at 25%. The coordinates show it is in the tree. I searched the tree but no luck as of yet .But I wanted to know what you guys think. Should I keep searching the tree or perhaps elsewhere? How accurate is Aircrafts missing coordinates? The video shows it flying 70ft above tree. It's been a sleepless 8 days hoping to recover drone before July.. Thanks in advance!
If you post the txt. flight log from your device, we may be able to help you locate it.

Reactions: Bocaine925
Oh wow. That is a scary flight. 56.8kph ave wind, 64.5kph max wind. I think it'll try to RTH on loss of comms, but being blown backwards. At 10% it'll try to land, and still being blown back further. Maybe some of the guys here can make projections.
Just an advice, don't fly over major highway. Before I check the inflight wind, I was thinking if it was RTH on it's own (without the wind) and if it hit 10% flying over the highway, it could've start to land there.

I
Oh wow. That is a scary flight. 56.8kph ave wind, 64.5kph max wind. I think it'll try to RTH on loss of comms, but being blown backwards. At 10% it'll try to land, and still being blown back further. Maybe some of the guys here can make projections.
Just an advice, don't fly over major highway. Before I check the inflight wind, I was thinking if it was RTH on it's own (without the wind) and if it hit 10% flying over the highway, it could've start to land there.

I know it wasnt smart to fly but was flying earlier that day everything was good until last flight the wind just took over. Lost video connection over the app towards the end so I couldnt see to land... Smh

The last battery report was 30% just 10 second before the log ends. A quick look shows you were consuming 10% of the battery every 90 seconds. So at 30% you were 20% & 3 minutes from autoland commencing at 10%. So I would guess it did not crash or land at the end of the log but continued on last known course for ~ 2 min and 50 seconds before it started to land. Google Earth shows there was a hill between you and the last point of reception hence the signal loss, then no significant terrain thereafter. So it could be anywhere on the last path and perhaps 12,00 feet or 1/4 of of mile beyond where the log stopped. Given it was flying away from you at just over 5 mph at signal loss.

upload_2018-5-30_20-2-51.png

upload_2018-5-30_20-5-39.png

upload_2018-5-30_20-32-32.png

Might be a bit of challenge to find I unfortunately.

Reactions: Bocaine925
Do you have a paid Airdata account? Would you mind posting a screenshot of the wind speeds, especially towards the end?

Reactions: MavicCF
I'm confused by the end of the flight record:

2018-05-20_[17-02-30]_01.png

In RTH (until 610 s) the aircraft was making steady progress back with the usual maximum forwards pitch of 25°. At 610 s RTH was cancelled, and the sticks were centered. It should have attempted to hold station, but it started drifting NE again while only applying 15° forwards pitch. Is that the maximum the FC will apply in P-GPS to hold location?

If so then it will have continued to drift NE until autoland kicked in and will be nowhere near the last reported coordinates. That's a fairly easy calculation in this wind field.

I'm confused by the end of the flight record:

View attachment 39069

In RTH (until 610 s) the aircraft was making steady progress back with the usual maximum forwards pitch of 25°. At 610 s RTH was cancelled, and the sticks were centered. It should have attempted to hold station, but it started drifting NE again while only applying 15° forwards pitch. Is that the maximum the FC will apply in P-GPS to hold location?

If so then it will have continued to drift NE until autoland kicked in and will be nowhere near the last reported coordinates. That's a fairly easy calculation in this wind field.
Although when signal loss RTH kicked in, wouldn't it return to making headway?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy