DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I upgrade from .700?

I thought the restrictions were nfz so that statement is false it should read:
I try to fly safe but like flying in nfz so screw updating it'll spoil all my fun
Thought Europeans are cool, i mean you guys have sex with yo sox on you know. Another grumpy Brit lol

Reactions: newguy
You guys obviously don't get humor and bite so easily, if you read my serious posts they say do what you like but my advice is to update unless you are going to mod / tweak / tune which I only advise people with knowledge to do

Tbh it worries me when I read can't take off because nfz that's why I don't update

The reason I personally don't update is because I like to fly high and fast which are some of the parameters they no longer let you a just

Nfz are just one of the things they have restricted but none of you moaning have mentioned that, you all seem to want to fly in nfz not tweak the settings which kinda proves my point about knowledge and the fact that you don't have enough

Btw this is a serious post for the ones that don't know the difference

Find it funny that people thought I was serious

You have in your mind what you want to do you just want justification

IMO keep upto date unless you have the knowledge and time to learn how to mod safely

Lol, yeah you got me, I re-read your post and noted the sarcasm :)

BTW, contrary to what to might have heard, nothing is "forced". I have had notices to upgrade further and simply ignore them until if and when I choose.
There was indeed, at the time of its release, a forced update between versions .800 and .900. This was when DJI started quietly collecting flight logs, which prompted the US military to stop using their products.
You guys obviously don't get humor
Btw this is a serious post for the ones that don't know the difference
Sooooo... Which is it?
none of you moaning have mentioned that, you all seem to want to fly in nfz not tweak the settings which kinda proves my point about knowledge and the fact that you don't have enough
I stayed on .700 for exactly this reason. Your reasoning of humor and knowledge don't quite stand up. I don't mean to sound negative, but you're comments are all over the place (perhaps unhelpful, if indeed this is a serious thread - and I agree, it is). But I am glad to hear that you too have not upgraded for the right reasons.

Why upgrade if it works?

Some people live in locations that have practically no NFZ spots and I guess a lot of them never travel much with their drones. For those people I guess upgrading is fine. For the rest of us who want to know for certain that our drones will fly when we travel or maybe even in our backyards, there is no better option than .400

Another question is, are you a pilot or an appliance operator?
If your a pilot or your ambition is to become a pilot then all the fancy flight modes are probably not something you will ever use. IMHO it's much better to learn how to do these things manually because when you need to do them it's quick and easy with no setup involved and your chances of something going horribly wrong are a lot less likely.

Now I know this is not for everyone and I am not knocking automatic flight modes. If your just flying occasionally and you don't have time to spend hours and hours practicing at the controls then it makes perfect sense to use whatever firmware offers you the most automated features.

Rob

Surely DJI will inevitably enforce a no update, no fly policy? I have to say, whether we like it or not, NFZ's and other flight restrictions are probably here to stay.

There was indeed, at the time of its release, a forced update between versions .800 and .900. This was when DJI started quietly collecting flight logs, which prompted the US military to stop using their products.
I guess I skipped right over that one. Was that the original update which required a log in?
Any rate, I've heard nothing to suggest future updates will be forced. As I said, currently the pending upgrade beyond .1000 is optional.
Also, how are they able to collect flight logs if you are never online while flying, unless you sync, which I was prone to do occasionally anyway?
Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of DJIs tactics, or restrictions and I've had my share of frustrations, NFZ limitations, where completely authorized to fly, forced landings etc. But this all happened on .0400.
None of this since .1000.
I'll be the first to let you know if they screw me over.
All said, I have absolutely no
reservations for anyone staying right where they are comfortable, and would fight for their right to do so.

Last edited:
Its kind of like Certain states in the USA always trying to make more gun laws. Its only effecting law abiding citizens. The ones braking the laws don't follow them anyway.

Reactions: Flycaster
I run the latest firmware live in Hamilton Ontario Canada and never have any issues. My Mavic flys perfect. It lets me know when I am in a class airspace but has never caused me any grief. I think the firmware on a relatively new design is important to keep current as the product development would be ongoing. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos