DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I upgrade from .700?

rockstar180

Reactions
Was wondering if I should stick with .700 or upgrade to the latest firmware? .700 has been flawless for me except for a few issues with the DJI Go app but I kinda feel like I'm missing out on minor improvements since .700. Thoughts?

I think you and everybody should upgrade to the latest for the safety of the world if not the universe, it people like newguy and their spy fw what's making the world clamp down on helpless innocent drone pilots that just Potter around above their head on their own land

If you're using .700 to tweak flight parameters keep it, else upgrade to the latest.

I agree with newguy, the newer releases are just more restrictions.

I'm staying at .700 and DJI Go 4.0.8
Any reason not using the latest version of the app?
Should I get 4.0.8?

I agree, Its newguy that caused DJI and "the world" to clamp down (restrict) everyone from flying drones. :confused:

I think you're jumping to conclusions.

They don't sell you cars that are limited to drive a certain speed because some people may abuse it and drive like an idiot, the same goes for drones,
just because we may want more control and the ability to adjust the flight parameters doesn't mean we're idiot's and breaking any laws,
there will always be those that will abuse it and do stupid stuff, DJI is restricting and punishing the majority of drone pilots because of a few (very few) that abuse it,
that's not right.

Any reason not using the latest version of the app?
Should I get 4.0.8?

The only reason I stay at 4.0.8 is because that release had no enhancements for the new Spark, since I don't have the Spark I don't want or need any of it's features,
plus every firmware version had a preferred version of DJI Go, .700 was sort of tied to 4.0.8 IOS and 4.07 Android

Find it funny that people thought I was serious

You have in your mind what you want to do you just want justification

IMO keep upto date unless you have the knowledge and time to learn how to mod safely

Reactions: Mavic_Pete
Lol.....some of these responses are ridiculous.....I barely fly and when I do it's always VLOS....I am very safe....I just don't want to be restricted and why update when .007 works great [emoji1360]

If this guys updating, I'm updating.. he knows his ****. Also I only see a few restrictions here in AZ so not a big deal to me.

Lol.....some of these responses are ridiculous.....I barely fly and when I do it's always VLOS....I am very safe....I just don't want to be restricted and why update when .007 works great [emoji1360]

I thought the restrictions were nfz so that statement is false it should read:
I try to fly safe but like flying in nfz so screw updating it'll spoil all my fun

I thought the restrictions were nfz so that statement is false it should read:
I try to fly safe but like flying in nfz so screw updating it'll spoil all my fun
Your being a little too *drone police-y* over something that is an absolute choice. I stopped updating at .700, when I saw the forced FW updates coming in .800. I look at AirMap before each flight to ensure that I'm not in an NFZ. I don't require any FW to manage this for me, or someone on a forum enforcing it as if to imply that anyone who doesn't update must be free-flying through NFZs, because we don't want to be bound by restrictions. Well, when it's put that way - I certainly don't want to be bound by restrictions. There is a NFZ where I live for a dead airstrip on a farmer's land. I know the owner and have seen the plowed land. The FW would keep me grounded in a 10 mile diameter around a non-existent airstrip... So, yeah - stick with .700, where you have some freedom, while keeping your wits about you.

I guess I'll stay on .700 I couldn't even start the motors of the Mavic inside of my home because of NFZ. The new flight features are a little late in the game.

I was on .0400 since I got the Mavic last year. I briefly upgraded to .0600 (I think it was) and began to get NFZ errors, so downgraded back to .0400 to stay safe.
Recently got the goggles and a lot of the functionality was missing, so I bit the bullet and upgraded to .1000.
Long story short, no problems whatsoever.
I live right beside a small unused airport, and get the notice, but have never been restricted, here or anywhere.
Granted, I've not tried to authorize in larger controlled airspace yet, but I had problems with that even on .0400.
So I think some of the apprehension of the later versions might be unwarranted. At least for now it seems all good. I'll keep you posted.
BTW, contrary to what to might have heard, nothing is "forced". I have had notices to upgrade further and simply ignore them until if and when I choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsTreat and newguy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcjz