DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should we be concerned?????

If you remember last year, Adel held an outdoor concert in Los Angeles....you just have to think that the local "authorities" must have deployed anti-fly technology over that concert site...

So, I surely don't believe it's for "military-only"

Their (DeDrone) website has always appeared to aim to stir up anti drone sentiment, almost to the point of paranoia.
Taking a cue from the media and folks like survivalists who keep 'em coming back by putting teh fear of something into people's minds.

Reactions: ANT0407
When will someone use one of these, cause a drone to fall out of the sky and injure someone, or worst? Knowing how litigious the US, and increasingly so elsewhere, is about these sort of things, they will surely end up getting sued for millions.
Injure someone or worst? Imagine if someone jammed a giant-scale turbine jet at an event.

Just saw this article that has me wondering........it says that it disrupts the signal between a drone and controller, and is "ideal" for civilian ,law enforcement, and government. Could this hand held device be pointed at a drone in the air and break the connection to the remote? Or will it stop a drone from taking off in certain areas......

I don't know how they could get away with this device, First of all it's illegal check out the link direct from the FCC

they make no jokes about jamming devices and they are very clear!! it is not illegal to own such devices. Also what if your device got in the hands of the wrong individual and instead of stopping a "drone" you stopped grandpas pacemaker driving down the freeway causing him to lose control and take out 5 innocent cars with him!! there are so many rf signals in urban areas it would almost be impossible for you to target Just one especially if that one is moving like a drone!! that means its would cross in and out of literally hundreds of other RF signals!! If something like this is allowed someday it would be just as bad as having a weapon of mass destruction, because literally that is what you could do with these kind of devices. I know this is out there and already exists and it's scary, but these kind of jammers could cause epic disasters if used wrong, and that's why it's illegal to own them!! We've all heard it, but dark times are coming!!

I checked, Amazon here in the US has taken all drone jamming guns down.
That being said, I don’t even know if they were ever available on the US Amazon site.
I can’t quote laws, but I do know that jamming devices are highly illegal.
extremely illegal!! almost everything we use today. tv's microwaves, cellphones, wifi, pacemakers, watches the list can go on for miles. All of these things create RF signals, and it would almost be, (I say almost because there is probably technology avail for a price on the black market). But it would be impossible for you to isolate 1 single rf signal and jam it, without jamming 10 other innocent signals around it. that is why these things are highly illegal. I mean if in the wrong hands think of the mayhem this could cause!! The FCC is very clear about jammers and even has a dedicated line to report even the possibility's of jamming. This is why theaters are not allowed to use jammers to stop people from cell phone use during the movie, Sure you would stop the cell phone distractions, but your watch wouldn't work, anyone with a pacemaker, a diabetic pump, any medical device all of those would stop working, and when you need to call 911 to get an ambulance because 20 peoples pacemaker stopped working you wouldn't be able to make the phone call!!

Reactions: Torque and ANT0407
Certain federal law enforcement agencies such as the FBI and homeland defense agents are allowed to use them but I'm sure it depends on the circumstances such as around the White House area and large events such as during the Super Bowl game.
thank you for the reference, RangerEd

They jammed my drone today at Lake Tahoe. Perfectly legal fly. Checked maps and all that. Didn't fly but maybe 100 feet away from me. Almost lost the drone losing connection between drone and controller. About 7 seconds. gained connection out of no where again, and landed immediately.
Not even 10 seconds later, military helicopter comes out of no where about a mile away. Straight for me. He turned back the other way when he was about 1,000 feet away from me. Then disappeared.

One video is drone and pic from my phone. By the time my phone was out he was almost gone as fast as he appeared.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230602_003733_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230602_003733_Gallery.jpg
    411.7 KB · Views: 18
They jammed my drone today at Lake Tahoe.
Not even 10 seconds later, military helicopter comes out of no where about a mile away. Straight for me.
Who jammed the drone?
The helicopter was on standby just a mile or two away, waiting for you to launch?
No ... it was an unrelated coincidence.
No-one is "jamming" your drone and military helicopters have no interest in it (if they had any way to detect it).

Reactions: Torque
Who jammed the drone?
The helicopter was on standby just a mile or two away, waiting for you to launch?
No ... it was an unrelated coincidence.
No-one is "jamming" your drone and military helicopters have no interest in it (if they had any way to detect it).
I wish I had that answer. Although there is an airport not far from where he came. Just seems like a weird coincidence to me.

I am not taking a position on this where speculation is rampant but did note this in the NYPost a couple of weeks back

I am not taking a position on this where speculation is rampant but did note this in the NYPost a couple of weeks back
I very strongly suspect that what's included in "drone" is far more expansive than what we're all thinking. A lot of "home built" being cobbled together by the Ukrainians. Likely far more vulnerable to electronic warfare than a Mavic 3, for example.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661