DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show me your bag/case!

Good eye, I like it a lot. I use Velcro and mount on the top rear. So for no issues. I am contemplating keeping it though as I am looking at state farm insurance at 40 bucks a year that will cover anything including water loss and total loss with fly away so with Marco Polo over 200 bucks and having to have a other thing to charge and so on not sure if it is worth it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app
Does it work really well? What kind of range does it get? Its basically like those animal trackers that scientists use to track wildlife that have tracking collars on them. I have one in my Amazon Saved for Later list. Not quite sure if I want to get it yet.

It works well and has a 2 mile range. It is like a game of hot and cold. I guess my worry was not finding it or a fly away. After flying and owning the Mavic I am less and less worried about it and especially with the insurance I don't see a purpose for it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: c hardy
Have you already contacted State Farm because I was looking into that as well. Do you tell them specifically its for a drone?

I got the 'fly more' kit but the bag that comes with it is just not my style so I use this 6" wide x 12" tall sling bag instead.
I added some padding to it for additional protection and it holds everything with room to spare.

View attachment 2430
I have the same bag. I love it. I wish I had something to slip the mavic in for added protection and to keep the props in tight, like a padded sleeve. Any suggestions?

I have the original DJI "b!tch bag" as I call it for covert operations. Then that bag fits in my LowePro sling bag with my Canon 7Dii DSLR and lenses.
0514a43db24e47fc80196d74ca4c7436.jpg

Then when trekking I have my old LowePro mini trekker. This will carry DSLR and a couple of lenses plus more for the walk.
157a0f9dc752dc75768b6ae8d6861593.jpg

Also picked up the other day a Nunuk 920 case. This is for travel to protect it. Has pick and pluck foam.
b8675862021e8f99da36690ebcb3fcbe.jpg

All 4 of these have a purpose a I like them all.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: ACR
When I travel light, I do the following (everything from spare batteries, charging hub, ipad mini 2 and air 2):

IMG_3968.JPG IMG_3973.JPGIMG_3970.JPG

4th battery is on Mavic now, but will fit next to Mavic charger (empty area shown in pic)
IMG_3974.JPG

controller (wrapped with towel) and cable in yongnuo flash case
IMG_3975.JPG IMG_3976.JPG

Can the batteries with the lipo bags fit in the battery compartment of the case?
This won't be with me until Sat. I sent it to my home in AZ. So I don't know yet, but that is my plan. I am guessing I will need to modify it a little bit.

Got a Lowepro Sling 150, everything from the Fly More fits, including both chargers. Plus filters, SD card wallet, neck strap W/FCC badge (keeps the locals quiet) another battery total of 4, sunshade, and still some room for odds and ends. Also has a zippered tablet pocket and a tripod holder, also a rain cover in its own pocket.
View attachment 2432
Fantastic where did you by the stick holder for the remote?

i find the whole bag thing is getting out of hand as you have to manage for so many things-
1 storage of mavic + all bits
2 outings with just mavic
3 outings with dslr and tripod and other bits as well as the mavic
4 travelling on the plane with even more stuff than 3
I make it 4 different bags. Then I have my bags for my phantom!
way out of hand.

i find the whole bag thing is getting out of hand as you have to manage for so many things-
1 storage of mavic + all bits
2 outings with just mavic
3 outings with dslr and tripod and other bits as well as the mavic
4 travelling on the plane with even more stuff than 3
I make it 4 different bags. Then I have my bags for my phantom!
way out of hand.

In a perfect world, I have just one bag for everything. Unfortunately, my world is not perfect. I adapt to the situation as necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicrimo and ACR
Well, I wanted a "walking around" bag to go with the semi-hard case/backpack that I bought, so I started digging around. I found this ancient Targus camcorder bag that I've had for at least a decade and a half (maybe longer) and I found that I can actually get everything in there fairly well:

20161214_204916.jpg 20161214_205057.jpg 20161214_205017.jpg 20161214_205045.jpg

I get the MP, the controller, the charging hub, two extra batteries, the ac and car charger, two spare props, and all my cables in there just right. It's not a vertical manpurse like the official DJI one, but hey...it's a bag I already had and it seems to do the trick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000