DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shutdown question

EkartPa

Reactions
After flying, should I leave the aircraft turned on while the fan is still running? Does it need to cool off? I know not to recharge a battery while it is still warm but what about the drone itself?

After flying, should I leave the aircraft turned on while the fan is still running? Does it need to cool off? I know not to recharge a battery while it is still warm but what about the drone itself?
a good question not seen that one asked before,depending on the temperature where you are flying if its a very hot sunny day just keep it out of direct sunlight till you are ready to fly again
the heat sync under the drone will get quite hot during use thats normal ,it is better after you land to remove the battery straight away and get that in the shade as well
although it can be very hot at ground level once you get up a couple of hundred ft then the temp is usually cooler and the fan is just to assist airflow over the drone in the hover ,such as when taking photos

Reactions: Gindra
If I'm bench running the camera of my Mavic Pro - with no prop's on and motors not running - the fan will come on. That's telling me that even without the motors running, the electronics is heating up. With that in mind, my conclusion is that the electronics will cool best and fastest when you switch the drone off!

The battery is the larger heat source in the system. Best to remove the heat source after landing so the rest of the device can cool off.

Hi. Yes always turn your bird off first, because there have been one or two instances of a person turning of the controller first and the bird thinks its lost the link and goes into auto land but first goes up to your preset Hight before it tries to land but on the way up it collides with something so always turn your drone off first and of course as lots rightly said it's the battery that's the heat source so take that out at first opportunity.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.