DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

side sensors

raven swe

Reactions
would anyone else like to have the option to turn on or off the side sensors in normal p-mode, flying low around my house and garden from inside the house, cos the weathers dull and miserable, I got a lot of obstacles out there, bear in mind I live in the middle of a forest with no neighbours and a huge garden with the house set in the middle, just thought it might be a good idea to have an option to turn the side sensors on or off,,

Reactions: mjdb71
would anyone else like to have the option to turn on or off the side sensors in normal p-mode, flying low around my house and garden from inside the house, cos the weathers dull and miserable, I got a lot of obstacles out there, bear in mind I live in the middle of a forest with no neighbours and a huge garden with the house set in the middle, just thought it might be a good idea to have an option to turn the side sensors on or off,,
Unless I am completely wrong (someone please correct me)
The side sensors ONLY work in tripod mode

yes exactly,, that's my question, wouldn't it be a good idea if you had the option to turn them on or off in all modes and not have them restricted to just a few DJI selected modes, and i did write in the post,, in p-mode

Reactions: Former Member
yes exactly,, that's my question, wouldn't it be a good idea if you had the option to turn them on or off in all modes and not have them restricted to just a few DJI selected modes, and i did write in the post,, in p-mode

I think all the sensors should default to being on upon startup in P mode with the option to turn them off. On all other DJI drones, the sensors are hot (powered on) when you turn on the drone. Not sure why they changed that with the M2.

Reactions: mcsenerd
Not that this solves your issue in p-mode, but with the latest .200 fw upgrade, you can change into tripod mode and change flight parameters to closely match usual p-mode... I know its not exactly what u were looking for but it would work for now...

thanks for the suggestion, not so much an issue but was just thinking why not give the user the option to have the side sensors on or off when and if they feel the need to want them on. so I don't spend a battery looking around for these parameters where would I find them and what would you suggest to change them too

Yeah, I completely agree!
As for the tripod mode parameters... I believe all the sensors are on once u switch from p-mode to tripod mode. As soon as u switch to tripod, a mini window pops up in center of screen (no menu reqd) and u can change HS, VS and Yaw speed via sliders. Then when done changing, hit the little button on bottom right and box will dissapear.

hope that helps.

Not sure if it works when on ground, I was mid flight.

changed the settings in t-mode, will have to wait till tomorrow now its dark and weather permitting to test it out

just tested with all sliders right, weather really dull faint drizzle and slight wind,, ascend and descend seem the same as p-mode,, forward reverse and yaw seem approximately half p-mode speed, I maxed out forward at 16.7 KMPH

just tested with all sliders right, weather really dull faint drizzle and slight wind,, ascend and descend seem the same as p-mode,, forward reverse and yaw seem approximately half p-mode speed, I maxed out forward at 16.7 KMPH
So, I guess its still quite a bit slower, H.S., than P-mode huh.

Im sorry I never tested any of that, but Its good you did. Its no real substitute for a P-mode having an 'all sensors on' option but I suppose until DJI puts in some effort and changes it, itll have to work?

Not holding my breath though, as I (along with thousands of others, I gather from forum threads) for DJI to fix the annoying range limiting issue when using the Mavic 2 with the Goggles RE, but thats a different issue altogether.

My point is, dont wait too intently on the P-mode sensor option to come very quickly.

I wont hold my breath for any change, the waypoints option that was mentioned for the m2 has yet to materialize I think, so having the option to turn on side sensors I think is a pipe dream,

Reactions: Drgnfli
I wont hold my breath for any change, the waypoints option that was mentioned for the m2 has yet to materialize I think, so having the option to turn on side sensors I think is a pipe dream,
yeah, unfortunately, your probably right... Theyve probably moved all focus to the P5 now or the next Mavic.

I wish, just as I do for most modern tech, thatd theyd slow down on 'new', and perfect the 'old'
but thats not nearly as profitable or remarkable (to the masses, anyway), eh

would anyone else like to have the option to turn on or off the side sensors in normal p-mode
Confession time... crashed my drone for the first time last weekend. Got a really lovely (well, I thought so anyway) shot of some birds flying onto a bird feeder in my garden with the sun setting behind them and shining through their wings... so engrossed that I forgot to stop moving and flew sideways into a wall. Fortunately the wall had a nice covering of soft ivy to save any damage.

So yeah, side sensors in p-mode would be nice ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01