DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Side to side control not working after firmware update.

easyheimer

Reactions
Before flying today I updated the firmware. As I was flying in normal mode my side to side controls stopped working. I tried everything and eventually switched it into sport mode which I gained side by side controls again. When I switched it back to normal it wouldn’t go side by side again. I tried this a couple more times and eventually side by side control started working again In normal mode. When I landed to change out a battery I got a message that firmware was inconsistent and it prompted me to update the firmware again. I did it again and about 10 minutes into my flight lost side to side controls again. I did some fast switching from the flight modes and eventually it started working again in normal mode.

Has anyone else had this issue with the new firmware? If so, what can I do to fix it from happening again.

I'd guess that the firmware update reverts to an obstacle avoidance mode that disables sideways flight. I'm away from my donre at the moment and can't check exactly where you can check, but I think it is under the safety tab in settings. If not there then perhaps control? Once you get there just turn off "disable sideways flight".

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I be someone else will have better directions!

Howard

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Firmware updates seem to "sometimes" reset what you have set up a parameters in FlyApp - thus why a good preflight check up is good common sense every time.

Never had a firmware update fail, so can't answer to that. Depending on update, the batteries ALSO have to update, but can't say with what you've given us. Again, a good preflight check and when an update does happen - flip thru all your batteries just to make sure they are correct as well and settings in FlyApp. Not every update does that for the batteries - yet just checking while on the ground prior to flying can never be overstressed,

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lagunadci