DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign

Bruhaha

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic pro around a beautiful large bridge along the Natchez Parkway near Nashville Tennessee. Got some great shots and entertained those walking across the bridge. A couple of days later a sign with a X through the picture of a drone appeared. I think the entire 460 miles of the Natchez Trace is a National Park, but wow they are quick putting up signs. Although the Federal Govt does a lame attempt at governing, they really shine when putting up signs.”Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?…10E1C879-1651-415F-ADBD-59937BCDD72B.jpeg

Reactions: JSKCKNIT and V1nn13
Well now I've got that song stuck in my head LOL

so you were flying illegally, and are complaining that they put signs up?

If sUAV pilots didn't fly where they were not supposed to be, there would be no need for the signs right?

Why did the NPS restrict unmanned aircraft?
The National Park Service embraces many activities in national parks because they enhance visitor experiences with the iconic natural, historic and cultural landscapes in our care. However, due to serious concerns about the negative impact that flying unmanned aircraft can have for safety of visitors, staff, and wildlife, they have been restricted in all but a few parks.

The above response made me think and so I looked up govt website about Natchez Trace Parkway. I was indeed inside the National Park land(by 20 feet) for my 5 minute illegal but safe flight by the bridge. The regulations of the park do not allow drone flights but I can carry my Glock in the Park legally. I smell another thread coming on.

No we do not talk firearms here. Must smell something else .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
The above response made me think and so I looked up govt website about Natchez Trace Parkway. I was indeed inside the National Park land(by 20 feet) for my 5 minute illegal but safe flight by the bridge. The regulations of the park do not allow drone flights but I can carry my Glock in the Park legally. I smell another thread coming on.
It is nothing new that drones are not allow in national parks. However, there are some national state parks that allow in a limited space to fly RC airplanes, including drones. They are AMA clubs inside the park but obviously you need to have membership in order to use it.

The AMA is to model aviation (which a drone is considered to be) what the NRA is to gunners....they both are the lobbying agency for protecting our hobbies....support the AMA if you're serious about being represented as a drone pilot...just a thought. be safe fly safe

The AMA is to model aviation (which a drone is considered to be) what the NRA is to gunners....they both are the lobbying agency for protecting our hobbies....support the AMA if you're serious about being represented as a drone pilot...just a thought. be safe fly safe
You are correct, however unlike the NRA which is a powerful organization, the AMA does not have the same influence as the NRA. Basically in other words, the politicians will give two raps about the AMA, but they will be scare as heck with the NRA.

You are correct, however unlike the NRA which is a powerful organization, the AMA does not have the same influence as the NRA. Basically in other words, the politicians will give two raps about the AMA, but they will be scare as heck with the NRA.
If you go to the AMA web site you'll find that they actually "RUB SHOULDERS" with the politicians as much as the NRA... it's just not as big a "NEWS" maker.

I guess it helps to have your cause Constitutionally protected. In fact, as much foresight as our founding fathers had, especially internationally renowned scientific thinker Benjamin Franklin, I’m surprised they didn’t carve out an amendment in the Bill of Rights to include Drone freedom!

Reactions: frank candor
I guess it helps to have your cause Constitutionally protected. In fact, as much foresight as our founding fathers had, especially internationally renowned scientific thinker Benjamin Franklin, I’m surprised they didn’t carve out an amendment in the Bill of Rights to include Drone freedom!
It's in the Declaration of Independence; "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". I am pursuing my happiness when I fly my Mavic, but I don't think that will hold up in court.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes