DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signage when flying drone

Hodge

Reactions
Hello,

I was looking at the regulations that my park district has for flying a drone on park district property, and one of the rules is to have "signage should be near the location on the day and time that the drone is flying over. Sign must be pre-approved by the XYZ park district"
I have asked them if they are enforcing this rule for both recreational and commercial flying, but in the mean time I thought I would ask if anyone else has had to post signage and what are they putting on their signs.
I'm particularly interested in what anyone is doing for recreational flying.

commercial entities will often have a safe marked area around the location they are planning to fly in, it will consist of cones and signs letting people know that a drone is operating, also they will employ ground crew to inform the public ,i have never heard of it for hobby flying before ,but it is just another problem to overcome if you really want to fly there

Reactions: Ian in London
commercial entities will often have a safe marked area around the location they are planning to fly in, it will consist of cones and signs letting people know that a drone is operating, also they will employ ground crew to inform the public ,i have never heard of it for hobby flying before ,but it is just another problem to overcome if you really want to fly there
I spoke with the park district and they have nothing specific as a requirement they are still evolving on what the policy should be. So I'm going to suggest a simple sign by the operator for recreational flying, and they could have a more involved requirement such as you described for a commercial pilot.

Reactions: old man mavic
I spoke with the park district and they have nothing specific as a requirement they are still evolving on what the policy should be. So I'm going to suggest a simple sign by the operator for recreational flying, and they could have a more involved requirement such as you described for a commercial pilot.
How about just wearing a vest?image.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie