DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SIGNAL BOOSTER For M2Pro

I used to design and manufacture parabolic dishes back in the 80s for TVRO systems. I think I know a bit more about the technology than most here.
Then you know the dish collects more signal from an increased area for the collection, reflecting the added signal to the antenna and improving the craft's signal range. Just what is it that forms your opinion the $10 for the parabolic dish isn't worth and 30% increase in flight range? I think it's one of the best value accessories out there, and it's passive, light, and small to carry in the backpack. It doesn't require a battery like active amplifiers need, along with that mess of wires and added bulk.

Yes parabolic dishes have the highest gain of all, but unfortunately the "antenna boost" so called 'parabolic reflectors' are simple spherical reflectors only. Google the difference. You have been ripped off.

Parabolic dishes do not give any power gain. All they are doing is redirecting the energy into a more direct pattern. They do however give an equivalent radiated boost but only in comparison with an omnidirectional antenna.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986