DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal drop question

kenjancef

Reactions
We have an area here in Rhode Island that is a pretty popular fly spot. It's a wide open section of coastline, and there is a lighthouse about 3500 feet out that we love to shoot... I say "we" because I am pat of a local drone group and we often meet up there. The issue is that we always find that we have signal drop issues, even when we are only maybe 500 feet out. I figured it was because there is usually 3-4 of us flying different types of DJI drones. But even if I am there by myself, I have the same issue. I am attaching a map of the area. In the yellow circle, the point we fly from is right over the zero in "400", and the lighthouse is approximately where the red dot is. The area is pretty close to our major airport, but it's in a LAANC zone (which we do file approvals every time we fly there). Do you think it's still because the area is relatively close to an airport? The closest house is more than 1/4 mile away.

Curious what you all think...

Attachments

• InkedInkedImage.jpg
    InkedInkedImage.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 19
I fly the Air 2s regularly in the middle of a mountain range 3000 ft should be a cake walk
Which makes this confusing. I get that there may be weird things happening when we fly in a group, but it happens when I'm alone as well. And others in my group have said the same, when they are alone. Confusing enough to be curious about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR