DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal range test on the Mavic 2 Pro

Douglas24

Reactions
Hi there.

I haven’t ordered the Mavic 2 Pro, as I’m not yet convinced it should be a successor to my Mavic Air.
But I was hoping that some European users, could get back here to give a little review of the signal range on the 2 Pro?
A test in crowded areas, open areas and so on. Reportedly, European users get 5 km range and the signal would be more dependable than before. I would really appreciate if someone could give a little review of that in this threat, when someone gets it in their hands :)
Thnx in advance

Hi there.

I haven’t ordered the Mavic 2 Pro, as I’m not yet convinced it should be a successor to my Mavic Air.
But I was hoping that some European users, could get back here to give a little review of the signal range on the 2 Pro?
A test in crowded areas, open areas and so on. Reportedly, European users get 5 km range and the signal would be more dependable than before. I would really appreciate if someone could give a little review of that in this threat, when someone gets it in their hands :)
Thnx in advance
The fact the the Air is Wi-Fi only and the M2P uses RF should be all the convincing required based on wave length propagation theory.

The is simply no way Wi-fi could compete.

The fact the the Air is Wi-Fi only and the M2P uses RF should be all the convincing required based on wave length propagation theory.

The is simply no way Wi-fi could compete.
Precisely. I wasn’t always very impressed with the WiFi on the Mavic Air even though a friend of mine hacked the Air to run on FCC. Radio frequencies are undoubtedly better, but just wanted to be sure it’s working as good as they say it will.

I haven't had a huge amount of issues with the Air...

...just as long as you recognize about 1600-1800' away in normal environments is about your max and about 1200' is your furthest most stable distance. again in busy areas.

Hello everyone. I'm quite new to the forum. I am in the UK i flew my new mavic 2 for the first time today. I flew 1850 meters and was down to 3 signal bars on the remote controller and also the hd. Does this sound good. just that i have flown that same route and distance with my mavic 1 and had at least the Same amount of signal left. I Will say though the mavic 1 i have model the antennas but all the hype goes on about the ocusynk 2.0 being something really special. Thanks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02