New Mavic Pro owner here. Today I had the chance to maiden my Mavic and shoot my first video footage. And boy, I am not impressed:
- the video shows quite significant amount of vignetting (example here)
- the center area is noticeably warmer in rendition -- this seems to be a known problem, sadly I haven't found about this before; anyway, are people OK with this? is this valid reason for RMA?
- I-frames are noticeable in the video, with low contrast slow moving features this can be quite horrific (here is short clip that shows this -- watch the cloud shadow creep over the grass -- note, for some reason it doesn't play in Firefox)
- fast pans over highly textured scene results in a mush of macroblocks, yuck
- flew two batteries down to pre-set 30% warning limit -- the controller battery had 30% remaining! that's unbelievable, does it mean I won't ever need 3 batteries because the controller will be dry before I drain them?