DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skin or not to skin, that is the question?

Hey there, I'm new here and mostly because I did find some conecction problems with a skin, I also went for the DecalGirl. And spent an hour or so to precicly put on the skin (very satisying) and was superstoked with the results. Untill I start flying and the conecction lost like every minute. So i didnt dare to fly any further or far out.
Gonna try again when the wheater is better. See pic for my skin, dont thnk its shiny or metal or something... It will be a big bummer if I had to peel it off.Do you think maybe it has to do with a skin on the remote aswell?image1 (3).jpegimage0 (14).jpeg

Last edited:
I vote for the SKINS. So many possibilities for colors and designs. Paid about $30 and caught them on a spring holiday sale. I went with DecalGirl and very happy with quality of their product.

If you decide you want a shinny look and if it contains metallic materials there is a possibility for Radio and GPS degraded performance.

I've had not noticed and signal problems and typically get 18 to19 satellites.

View attachment 78551

For comparison....
View attachment 78552

Aweseom... Hmmm I do seem to have some conecction problems, also got my skin from decal girl

Any suggestions?image1 (3).jpegimage0 (14).jpeg

What about painting part of it yourself. Is this a "no no" and if so why?
It might not be a 'no no' as you put it, but when you consider the number of vents, sensors, doors and other things that should NOT be painted, the task to apply the paint becomes an extremely daunting one. A wrap is cheap, easy to apply, doesn't interfere with any signal or electronics and can be removed without a trace left on the drone.

P1040181.png

Reactions: Paulis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez