DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sky candles!?

frank candor

Reactions
saw on the tooB , how to build these trash bags with frames w/ hot air to propel them thru the sky, can't wait to send a few up , are there regulations for flying trash bags fired up with nail polish remover, over land or see??? i was gonna attach a go pro to it too

And you might cause a wildfire. They are very pretty but in many places forbidden due to risk of collision and the fire risk.

Reactions: HVYMTL
saw on the tooB , how to build these trash bags with frames w/ hot air to propel them thru the sky, can't wait to send a few up , are there regulations for flying trash bags fired up with nail polish remover, over land or see??? i was gonna attach a go pro to it too
fecitiousness, sarcasm, hyperbole, broke loose after watching the video and thinking about all the dumb things people put into the sky,...BESIDES DRONES!

I ordered chinese sky lanterns of amazon They work great . Try those first

I ordered chinese sky lanterns of amazon They work great . Try those first
You would not believe how hard they are to follow with a drone . On the fourth of july I sent about 50 of them into the sky .If you operate them correctly in the right area they are safe . They run out of fuel at high altitude and just drift down .It would take a big one to haul a go pro .

Reactions: frank candor
You would not believe how hard they are to follow with a drone . On the fourth of july I sent about 50 of them into the sky .If you operate them correctly in the right area they are safe . They run out of fuel at high altitude and just drift down .It would take a big one to haul a go pro .
And of course you would never see you camera again .Lol

This picture is from Thailand. Every year at Loi Krathong, they light millions of these up, and just let em go. Amazing to watch the skies fill with them, and how how many commercial flights are cancelled because of them. They also float small lit candle barges on nearby waterways.

Loi Krathong.jpg

Attachments

• Loi Krathong.jpg
    Loi Krathong.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 25
This picture is from Thailand. Every year at Loi Krathong, they light millions of these up, and just let em go. Amazing to watch the skies fill with them, and how how many commercial flights are cancelled because of them. They also float small lit candle barges on nearby waterways.

View attachment 54029
beautiful !

Some people launch a camera into space using basic helium balloons. They use a timer on the camera to take photos of earths atmosphere.

Sky lanterns are banned in some countries because animals eat them when they land and it can kill them. Cows in particular for some reason.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spawnn