DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skyreat - Mini 4 Pro Hard Case: Review October 30th, 2023 – Emergency Services Use

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I decided to give this product a try after a post on www.MavicPilots.com about it from the manufacturer. It was purchased through Amazon with the understanding that in exchange for a review the manufacturer would issue a full refund via PayPal. Keep in mind this refund was PRIOR to the review and this review is 100% unbiased.

This Skyreat Mini 4 Pro Hard Case will be used for our Fire Department UAS Program so it’s going to get used and abused more than most other cases will. I’ll be glad to report back in a few months etc with an update on this case as to how it’s performed while in Emergency Services use.

Product Quality – This case is built VERY well and appears to be very sturdy. I would say, upon first inspection it’s similar build quality to the other GoProfessional cases I own and have used for years only in a more “wallet friendly” version. Latches feel firm and secure and the hinge appears to be of high quality for many years of open/close use (I mean abuse lol).

Layout – I like the overall layout and it works well for this package. I plan to keep 3 batteries in the charging hub and 3 additional batteries in the provided slots. I like lots of batteries. The feel and spacing of the foam cutouts is spot on. I’ve had others that were too tight or too loose but this feels about perfect right out of the gate. This particular unit has a foam cutout for:
  • Drone
  • Controller
  • Batteries (3x)
  • Battery Charging Hug
  • and another large area for “random goodies.
The only "modification" I may make on this case is adding another "storage slot" where we can slide in our "SD Card Wallet" into each case. This is more of a personal preference than anything else.

All in all, this case looks to be a high quality and well designed case. We will have 7 of these in service starting this week (this is the only one FREE). Our department is going to put these through the ringer and I have high hopes they will perform long-term as well as they look now.

I agree. I’ve had mine for less than a week and love it. In the past all my other drone have semi-rigid cases but I have to say this case has changed my out look on the hard sided ones. I’m going to order one for my Mavic 3 Pro Flymore.

• Love
Reactions: BigAl07
I agree. I’ve had mine for less than a week and love it. In the past all my other drone have semi-rigid cases but I have to say this case has changed my out look on the hard sided ones. I’m going to order one for my Mavic 3 Pro Flymore.
It's a game changer when you see someone or something sitting on your drone case and open it to see NO damage inside. I'm not saying this case will be that strong but similar cases I've used in the past went through that type or torture lol.

Hard Sided is absolutely the way to do in terms of UAS protection etc. It may weigh a bit more than the soft sided ones and may be a bit bulkier then they are but it provides a much larger range of protection to our fragile equipment.

Reactions: djwak59
It's a game changer when you see someone or something sitting on your drone case and open it to see NO damage inside. I'm not saying this case will be that strong but similar cases I've used in the past went through that type or torture lol.

Hard Sided is absolutely the way to do in terms of UAS protection etc. It may weigh a bit more than the soft sided ones and may be a bit bulkier then they are but it provides a much larger range of protection to our fragile equipment.
Personally, a hard case is the way to go. I have Nanuk cases for all 3 of my DJI drones. They’re a little pricey but, I’m not putting my hard earned investment in a no name case or a nylon “bag” with straps sewn onto it. Just sayin.

I too have the Skyreat hard case AND the GPC hard case for my Mavic 4 Pro mini. The Skyreat is slightly smaller and weighs slightly less, gives the same protection as the GPC at 1/3 the cost!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N