DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slanted horizon/common problem ?

Mattw996

Reactions
Hi all,

After reviewing yesterday's flight footage all my horizons are slightly out. Is there a regularity you have to calibrate your gimbal at to avoid this? First time it's happened to me although I've only owned the drone for two weeks.

if the horizontal is always off by the same amount every time, you can change a setting in the dji go app to offset the horizontal. its in the gimble section of the menu

Reactions: Rbruz
if the horizontal is always off by the same amount every time, you can change a setting in the dji go app to offset the horizontal. its in the gimble section of the menu
Thanks for that mate, yes it's only slightly out, not in photos only in video.

Hi all,

After reviewing yesterday's flight footage all my horizons are slightly out. Is there a regularity you have to calibrate your gimbal at to avoid this? First time it's happened to me although I've only owned the drone for two weeks.
You should give Litchi ago too, I have never had a horizon that's off with litchi

Reactions: Mattw996
Here's a video that shows how to adjust the gimbal roll in DJI GO:

Reactions: Mattw996
I just tried it again on a whim, but nope, I still get the tilts when I filming with the camera on the side. I figure that's what it is because depending on the direction I'm traveling, the video is tilted from high to low with the high side always on the side that would be in the "front"

You can see in the video here, that the horizon tilts on the sideways shots, but clears up in the angled toward the direction of flight.. I just need to slow down more when shooting to the side.

I never had this problem with my original Mavic but the replacement suffers from it. You can calibrate all you want, but flying sideways will always affect the horizon level. When I stop the Mavic after flying with some input to one of th sides I can see the gimbal continues very slowly the travel to the centre. It takes about 3 second before it stops completely. I also get more and more mild fly resets of the gamble. I'm starting to think it will have to go back again.

I get the tilt when yawing quickly. Only real solution was to slow down the yaw speed a little. Otherwise risk playing the DJI lottery and getting another dud. In high wind it affects it also. Must be a limitation of the current tech.

I get the tilt when yawing quickly. Only real solution was to slow down the yaw speed a little. Otherwise risk playing the DJI lottery and getting another dud. In high wind it affects it also. Must be a limitation of the current tech.
Maybe. But looking at videos from my first Mavic the problem was non existent...

You should give Litchi ago too, I have never had a horizon that's off with litchi

Is Litchi still the go to app for the mavic? I’ve been using the DJI app since February (when I got it) but I thought litchi had bugs and I forgot about it. Flying on iPad mini 2 / 4

Is Litchi still the go to app for the mavic? I’ve been using the DJI app since February (when I got it) but I thought litchi had bugs and I forgot about it. Flying on iPad mini 2 / 4
In my experience litchi is faultless and the waypoint missions are amazing will take the mavic to the next level

Reactions: Wersh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc