DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slop/play in rear legs when folded?

amstel78

Reactions
My MA2's port side rear leg when folded in has a quite a bit of slop in it; moreso than the starboard rear leg. Both lock up tightly when extended for flight. Is this normal? I'm asking because my drone took a small fall this morning (about 3-4 feet off the floor). Other than a nick on one of the front props, no other noticeable damage can be seen and she flies just fine.

Also, how truly level does the drone have to be when calibrating the gimbal? Mine doesn't seem to sit completely flat, as one of the starboard rubber feet don't actually touch the surface. Think of a wooden chair with one leg a tad longer than the rest. If I apply gentle downward pressure, it'll sit flat.

Not normal mine is still just as tight as the first Flight. Make sure you don’t let the legs snap back Close them gently to void let them snack back in rebound on on the spring itself

Not sure I'm describing it well. When those rear legs are folded in towards the body, there's a little up and down play in both before you feel spring resistance. It's that wiggle or play that's a bit concerning. I just don't know if both are supposed to lock up tightly against the body. One side (starboard) has a little more wiggle than the other.

When both are locked open for flight, they are rock solid.

Yeah I know what you’re talking about when you try to fold them up and you lift it up on hangs lower than the other you’re gonna have to replace the spring if it bothers you that much but if you look at both sides closing is at the gaps are the same I wouldn’t worry about it

Yeah I know what you’re talking about when you try to fold them up and you lift it up on hangs lower than the other you’re gonna have to replace the spring if it bothers you that much but if you look at both sides closing is at the gaps are the same I wouldn’t worry about it
Ok, so that little slop/play in the rear arms right before swinging them open for flight is normal? As for the starboard one, it feels as if the spring is slightly weaker on that side, hence the reason it droops a bit more than the other.

Since I don't have another MA2 to look at, I can only compare them to the forward arms. Both lock up tight against the body when folded which is why I was wondering if the rear arms should be the same.

If yours and other MA2's rear arms all exhibit the same lateral play when folded, then I can live with that. I just want to make sure that nothing is broken on my unit.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929