DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow descent

kratochvil

Reactions
I had this problem at my first flight - when the battery beeped at 20% I tapped the landing button at 100 metres height but the descent took so long, it died 30 metres from the ground. The descent was extremely slow, the 70 metres took all the 20% battery time. Does anyone has any idea if this is a faulty GPS, last firmware or something?

I had this problem at my first flight - when the battery beeped at 20% I tapped the landing button at 100 metres height but the descent took so long, it died 30 metres from the ground. The descent was extremely slow, the 70 metres took all the 20% battery time. Does anyone has any idea if this is a faulty GPS, last firmware or something?
Can you upload the flight log?

If it was taking to long then why didn't you take control before the battery ran out?

Thanks for the support guys, and sorry for the delay. I wasn't able to extract flight logs from the aircraft (DJI Assistant doesn't show any, the connection is fine and the firmware version visible), just the file from GO4: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=26331153069436726385

It was the first flight, even though I have been reading manual and forums, I wasn't able to activate S mode (Multiple Flight Mode was activated). I am experienced in manual drone flying so it would have been the right solution, unfortunatelly, I didn't get a chance. Broke one prop and damaged gimbal hinge, already fixed.

Reactions: Scorpion99
Thanks for the support guys, and sorry for the delay. I wasn't able to extract flight logs from the aircraft (DJI Assistant doesn't show any, the connection is fine and the firmware version visible), only the file from GO4: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=26331153069436726385

It was the first flight, even though I have been reading manual and forums, I wasn't able to activate S mode (Multiple Flight Mode was activated). I am experienced in manual drone flying so it would have been the right solution, unfortunatelly, I didn't get a chance. Broke one prop and damaged gimbal hinge, already fixed.
When you're in DJI assistant, there's an option somewhere that let's you mount the blackbox as a disk drive on your computer to download from. I'll start analyzing the controller log, but please don't use Tinyuploads. I just got an uncontrollable amount of spam tabs on my browser from downloading it. Upload it straight to this forum if it's only a couple of MBs.

Thanks for the support guys, and sorry for the delay. I wasn't able to extract flight logs from the aircraft (DJI Assistant doesn't show any, the connection is fine and the firmware version visible), just the file from GO4: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=26331153069436726385

On second thought, upload it again. I can't access the data.

The file, delete .txt extension after downloading, the forum didn't want to upload file without one...

Attachments

• FLY024.DAT@17-03-09_07-04-06-947.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
Landing button is supposed to be for the final meter or so and will go slow obviously not to plow into the ground. You bring the aircraft in front of you over suitable ground and tap the button. Makes no sense to presss it while way up.

Landing button is supposed to be for the final meter or so and will go slow obviously not to plow into the ground. You bring the aircraft in front of you over suitable ground and tap the button. Makes no sense to presss it while way up.

Well, if your drone is taking 5 minutes to get 70 metres down, you are trying everything.

It descends at 3m/s under manual control. Again the Landing button assumes you're right above the ground and descends slowly for the final touchdown, makes no sense to press it 70m high.

It descends at 3m/s under manual control. Again the Landing button assumes you're right above the ground and descends slowly for the final touchdown, makes no sense to press it 70m high.

There was no manual control (I assume you mean Sport mode). The switch on the right side of the controller didn't change anything :-(

The file, delete .txt extension after downloading, the forum didn't want to upload file without one...
I'm sorry, but I cannot open the file you are upload. Nor does HealthyDrones recognize it. Where are you getting this from?

From the tablet, GO4 app, option Save. There are some files from Blackbox, are they usable?

I am rereading the manual, even in case I accidentally interrupted RTH, the drone should have landed when battery was at critical level. It didn't happen, the descent was still extremely slow.

There was no manual control (I assume you mean Sport mode).
No. What I say is you SHOULD have descended manually, THEN pressed the landing button once you're 1m above ground instead of pressing the landing button at 70m up.

I tried (throttle down), it wasn't descending faster than a few metres per minute. Was the reason for this that I have maybe pushed the landing button before?

No. What I say is you SHOULD have descended manually, THEN pressed the landing button once you're 1m above ground instead of pressing the landing button at 70m up.

And to interrupt this would be go up or to push Pause button? Anyway, do you have an idea, why Sport mode wasn't available? Thank you for the patience.

The app icon again. Sport mode is only available if you enabled multiple flight modes in the app settings.

Pushing the landing button shouldn't have any impact on speed. The drone knows how high up it is and will descend normally before initiating the landing procedure.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkanoz86