DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slow descent

From the tablet, GO4 app, option Save. There are some files from Blackbox, are they usable?

I am rereading the manual, even in case I accidentally interrupted RTH, the drone should have landed when battery was at critical level. It didn't happen, the descent was still extremely slow.
Look for TXT files. The ones you are giving me are not readable. They should be somewhere in the GO4 app directory.

I don't have any valuable input other than I personally would keep an eye on your battery, to hit 20% batter while almost 330 feet in the air is kind of asking for trouble, no?

I may be too cautious personally, I usually bring my Mavic home at 30%, just don't want to lose it!

I don't have any valuable input other than I personally would keep an eye on your battery, to hit 20% batter while almost 330 feet in the air is kind of asking for trouble, no?

Get down from 100 metres takes one minute on manual. If it works.

Found it. Thanks for the analysis - please, take in account I was persuaded the craft could land itself after low battery warning and nowhere in the manual is written that landing button overrides everything.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-03-09_[13-33-04].txt
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Sorry to hear you had a bump on your first go,you really want to land your mavic at 20%, don't use 20% as a figure to turn round and come home.
For new flyers i suggest setting the first battery alarm at 35% so you can get back with a good amount of time.

Reactions: kratochvil
Ok, I analyzed logs at https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and it seems this could be the reason for the problem:
  • Aircraft is close to Home Point. Return-to-Home Mode is now Auto Landing Mode.
  • Auto Landing (preventing quick manual descent?), wrong button obviously?
What caused Forced landing? It wasn't critical battery level.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-03-09_[12-53-01].txt
    204.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2017-03-09_[12-56-52].txt
    227.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics