DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Slow Motion, Low Altitude Flyover of Resort style pool area. Demonstrates the pronounced gambit of color the 4/3 cmos sensor picks up.

Don Testme

Reactions
This is a low altitude, slow motion flyover of a resort style pool area. The 4/3 cmos sensor shines, bringing out the colors in the scene in a spectacular way. Green Palm Trees, Blue Pool Water, Dark Blue Umbrellas, the Stone work in the Patio, etc etc. No post alterations were performed.

Side Note: Obtacle Avoidance was on, because of the low altitude, to prevent possible risk of hitting tree tops. One thing I have noticed about the Mavic 3's OA, it does well when approaching forests and trees that have not lost leaves.

Last edited:
You've clipped the highlights. They're all blown out, and the video is over processed. Too much saturation. Also, it's too long. Might want to tighten it up a bit. If all you were doing was testing the sensor, it didn't need to be that long. Lost interest after just about 30 seconds.

Overall good flying, but not sure what the point of the video is.

• Wow
Reactions: MaxE1955!
You've clipped the highlights. They're all blown out, and the video is over processed. Too much saturation. Also, it's too long. Might want to tighten it up a bit. If all you were doing was testing the sensor, it didn't need to be that long. Lost interest after just about 30 seconds.

Overall good flying, but not sure what the point of the video is.
It was just a test. I'm really glad you commented. The camera was on auto. No processing was done. I noticed, in auto, the M3 over exposes the footage. I agree with everything you said. I've only had the M3 for a week. Now I know, auto settings are not adequate for filming or photos. I've started using manual settings. During daylight hours, I have to lower the ISO and have the shutter open and close faster. I also find at night, brightly lit signs and street lights tend to be over exposed. For this I just lower the ISO. If I don't, lit signs look blown out or like a blurry light. Lowering the ISO lets the camera visualize the sign. If you have any suggestions of your own please post them.

Sorry the video was so long. I was lazy. I just uploaded the whole file straight from the SD card.

It was just a test. I'm really glad you commented. The camera was on auto. No processing was done. I noticed, in auto, the M3 over exposes the footage. I agree with everything you said. I've only had the M3 for a week. Now I know, auto settings are not adequate for filming or photos. I've started using manual settings. During daylight hours, I have to lower the ISO and have the shutter open and close faster. I also find at night, brightly lit signs and street lights tend to be over exposed. For this I just lower the ISO. If I don't, lit signs look blown out or like a blurry light. Lowering the ISO lets the camera visualize the sign. If you have any suggestions of your own please post them.

Sorry the video was so long. I was lazy. I just uploaded the whole file straight from the SD card.
Thanks for the response. I hope my comment didn't come off as harsh.

And glad to know that's how the drone looks on auto. I fly in manual, so I've never seen that. It's not good.

It totally depends on the look you're going for. It actually is quite good for "Auto" Vic. Again, it's all about preference and the audience you're looking for.

If you were trying to be helpful (instead of pompous and arrogant) you'd offer tips as Don was asking for. Or just keep your negativity to yourself.

It totally depends on the look you're going for. It actually is quite good for "Auto" Vic. Again, it's all about preference and the audience you're looking for.

If you were trying to be helpful (instead of pompous and arrogant) you'd offer tips as Don was asking for. Or just keep your negativity to yourself.
If someone asks for critique, they're going to get critique. I also included positive comments.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan