DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Slowly moving drone without any wind

thats actually goood to know. I also saw "code" on the propeller so i think they must got the same letter and number
It has been suggested that they are mould codes. If correct then that may be the means by which DJI select balanced pairs.
"...changed the top cover and have already replaced 4 of the 8 prop blades..." seems to suggest you've had a bit of a prang. If this is the case, then I'd agree with Cafguy, start with the simple stuff and work up from there. If your drone had a foliage assisted stop before it bit the dirt, you may have other cracked blades. For example: my Autel Nano+ displayed similar wobbling after clipping an obstacle. By inspecting ALL 8 of the blades (visually AND by twisting them gently) I discovered that one of the rear CCW blades, even though it appeared completely undamaged, had a lateral stress fracture that couldn't be seen through a cursory look. As Yorkshire Pud mentioned, also make sure you have the correct and paired blades on the correct motors.
I repair my own kit, so I'll always start simple and start cheap. Prop blades are the cheapest component and the easiest to change.
If this didn't address the problem, I'd then work inwards and check the motor arms for dwobbling.

My apologies and I will refrain from trying to help members with their problems. Perhaps there will be a time when I am educated enough to understand a compass and all of its intricacies and at that time I will try again-If they will have me.
Moderators-- My apologies for the off subject and this will be my last post on this problem.
Good luck MadMaurizius and despite my damage to your drone- I hope you will be up and flying soon. Maybe the experts can get you going. OUT
From memory I have read a few threads were IMU recalibration has been suggested in an attempt to fix a wobbly drone. It may have been explicitly stated that this be done following a crash which, in turn, was followed by the drone wobbling.
I have the distinct feeling that in at least one thread an IMU recalibration was said to have fixed the problem.

like @mavic3usa said i think i will post a video tomorrow
In addition, I would post the flight log.
I would also suggest that you check the arm pivots for looseness or over-travel.
Each rear arm pivots are primarily clamped to the outside face of the middle shell by three screws, if those screws have been pulled out of the middle shell or the shell has cracked in that area then you will need to replace the middle shell, it's not a big job if you are 'handy' and can use a soldering iron.

The front arm pivots have a different mounting arrangement that might be more damage resistant.
Since you are replacing parts I assume those parts have been damaged in a crash, if correct it maybe that the pivots or there mountings have been damaged.
Did the drone wobble prior to the repair ?

Take the top cover back off and check all the GPS connections. Make sure any mounting screws are tight. That is what I meant by "GPS culprit"

Reactions: Cafguy
Hello @Cafguy @Meta4 @mavic3usa @mobilehomer @Yorkshire_Pud @Felix le Chat
@zeker

to keep it short I don't know if each of you will get a notification that I replied here in my post so I decided to tag everyone if this isnt necessary please tell me :)

Thanks for the tips.
I have returned my drone to its original state with the exception of the top cover.
All the old propellers are back on and I did a little test flight in the yard in the sunshine and very little wind. The flight altitude is 1.2m (3.9ft). In the video you can see that the drone rises at the beginning where I give it a few seconds until I have made a movement forwards/backwards or something similar to illustrate how the drone moves in the air.
To answer one of the questions, the drone had a crash and fell to the ground because I didn't have enough strength to hold it due to my broken arm, resulting in cracks in the top cover.
It's also my first drone which is why I'm honestly commenting here in a forum as I assumed there are people here who know a lot more than me and whose help I need.

I made my video as short as I can but 24,9mb are too large so i dont know how to attach it ... but to explain the damaged top cover where maybe some other problems came from its attached after it falled on the ground.

Thanks
MadMaurizius

Attachments

• damagedtopcover.jpg
    damagedtopcover.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
@zeker

to keep it short I don't know if each of you will get a notification that I replied here in my post so I decided to tag everyone if this isnt necessary please tell me :)

Thanks for the tips.
I have returned my drone to its original state with the exception of the top cover.
All the old propellers are back on and I did a little test flight in the yard in the sunshine and very little wind. The flight altitude is 1.2m (3.9ft). In the video you can see that the drone rises at the beginning where I give it a few seconds until I have made a movement forwards/backwards or something similar to illustrate how the drone moves in the air.
To answer one of the questions, the drone had a crash and fell to the ground because I didn't have enough strength to hold it due to my broken arm, resulting in cracks in the top cover.
It's also my first drone which is why I'm honestly commenting here in a forum as I assumed there are people here who know a lot more than me and whose help I need.

I made my video as short as I can but 24,9mb are too large so i dont know how to attach it ... but to explain the damaged top cover where maybe some other problems came from its attached after it falled on the ground.

Thanks
MadMaurizius
Edit: I forgot through the fact if it helps or not I updated everything and calibarted everything I can in the DJI Fly App.

@zeker

Thanks for the tips.

Thanks
MadMaurizius
Upload the video to YouTube and post the link here.

the drone had a crash and fell to the ground because I didn't have enough strength to hold it due to my broken arm, resulting in cracks in the top cover.
Perhaps maybe one of your Drones arms was "tweeked" a little when the drone hit the ground. Check them and make sure that they are in the exact position. If the arms feel Tighter now when you fold them they may be a little off. Think of the drones Motors Thrust lines as tires on a car.
The video is not bad for a mini 2 on a semi windy day IMO.
The larger mavics have a little plastic bushing that sometimes gets damaged in a crash I am not sure about the Mini 2 you may want to check YouTube for a teardown video.

Are you concerned by the fact that the drone moves about a bit ?
If so don't be, they do not hold a perfectly still hover.

The drone uses two systems to maintain its position
1) GPS
2) VPS which relies on the downward looking. camera/s on the bottom of the drone.
VPS, when available, is the better system by far but those cameras have a limited range and require a suitable surface/floor-pattern.
This flight was low enough for them to work BUT the floor pattern, bricks, is repetitive , which is not the best thing for VPS .

From what I see in that video I see nothing that would worry me though the movements are perhaps quicker than those that I see with my drone.

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom