DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controler

I have "bitten the bullet" and ordered a smart controller and it arrives on Friday
My drone has just arrived so I might get it in the air tomorrow or Thursday and again Friday when the SC arrives.

I have registered and taken out insurance so all good to go, roll on Friday

I've owned the SC now for about 8 months and love it. The only thing I don't like about the new Mavic Air 2 is no SC yet. I've gotten so used to using the SC with my M2Pro and M2Zoom that I now hate using my phone or iPad to fly. You'll get really spoiled with the SC. I fly for hire about 4 days a week so the SC is a real benefit for me. The battery also lasts a long time in the SC. Get it, you'll be spoiled and wonder why you even thought about not getting it.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I just have the regular SC that came with the M2Z.
My new 3rd generation iPad gives me a huge screen and goes as bright as I want even in the brightest Australian sun and I don’t have any issues with disconnecting from the DJI Go4 app.
Also, I tend to follow the “Drone Code” and stay within LOS so most of the posts on here regarding distance are irrelevant to me.
So......If it comes down to saving a couple of minutes setting up by paying out $1100, (and that doesn’t include an SD card)... I’m happy as I am thanks.

My daughter has the m2p with standard controller. I have the m2p with smart controller. In open country (Over our own farm land) we have flown far out testing range. They are identical depending on keeping the antenna positioned properly. It is easier for me to do that since I don’t have the complication of an attached smart phone. No matter how you mount it or adjust it, it is always in the way somewhat.

Hi

Just got a Mavic 2 zoom as an upgrade from Mavic air v1

I've got the standard controler kit with flymore kit as well and also ordered the smart controler.

I'm now seeing mixed reviews about the smart controler. Is it good or is it as bad as I'm seeing?

What's the pros and cons ie range loss ect.

Thanks
Just a side note- your upgrade will be awesome! I have a MA1 and after a few months bought the M2Z. What a huge difference in flight enjoyment! The Air is great for size, but I've gotten used to the M2 size now and rarely use the Air. I love the range, battery life and wind capability. The zoom is a great feature and I use it all the time for videos. I just do youtube so the better cam in the Pro is not needed for me.

Good luck. Let us know how the SC does for you. I am interested and might take the plunge too...

Totally happy With the SC bright screen no problem with the annoying battery drain when using the standard controller with an Android phone looking forward to using it with the Air 2 when software update arrives

I hesitated on buying the SC because of the cost, but I finally did about 7 months ago. YIPPEEEEE!!!
I love the freedom I feel from not having to worry about cables and an Ipad to fly my M2P. Just the M2P, the SC, and me! That's the way I like it.

The purchase was well worth it to me and I've not had any issues with range versus the standard controller. Screen brightness is outstanding (although, I do use a shield because the sun is very bright here in Arkansas during the summer).

I think that if you buy one, you will love it too. Yea, yeah, it's expensive, but despite that, I can truly say YIPPEEEEE, I'm glad I bought it.

Not one mention about the blank screen issue. Interesting. about 50% of the time I have to reboot the controller once or twice to get the screen to show the camera image. This is frusterating and embarrassing. Other posts say it is a known problem. So nobody here has this issue?

My smart controller arrived today and my first thought when I opened the box was that the screen could have been a little bigger. However, removing it from the box and handling it I think it is actually the perfect size and all the controls/buttons located for easy operation.
Turning the unit on I was amazed with the brightness even in the sunlight.
However, by the time I had charged it, updated the firmware and connected it to the m2z it started to rain so I won't be able to use it until tomorrow but I am really looking forward to trying it out.

Hi

Just got a Mavic 2 zoom as an upgrade from Mavic air v1

I've got the standard controler kit with flymore kit as well and also ordered the smart controler.

I'm now seeing mixed reviews about the smart controler. Is it good or is it as bad as I'm seeing?

What's the pros and cons ie range loss ect.

Thanks

Hi,go for it I bought one a month ago and its brilliant sounds like a lot of money, once you get in your hands you will see and feel why brilliant get what you pay for smart controller 10+

Not one mention about the blank screen issue. Interesting. about 50% of the time I have to reboot the controller once or twice to get the screen to show the camera image. This is frusterating and embarrassing. Other posts say it is a known problem. So nobody here has this issue?
Same is happening with my SC. I go back and forth starting and restarting both my M2P and the SC until my camera view comes on. What’s happening? Does my SC have covid or what? I can still toggle from map view to camera view however the camera view is black until that lucky restart.

Same is happening with my SC. I go back and forth starting and restarting both my M2P and the SC until my camera view comes on. What’s happening? Does my SC have covid or what? I can still toggle from map view to camera view however the camera view is black until that lucky restart.
I opened a ticket with DJI and got a canned answer. "Check for radio interference" Even though I explained that this is not an issue with the original controller. When I have this problem I do not see a message stating there is interference and have full bars on both radio frequencies. I guess that is their way of saying "Tough Luck"

I opened a ticket with DJI and got a canned answer. "Check for radio interference" Even though I explained that this is not an issue with the original controller. When I have this problem I do not see a message stating there is interference and have full bars on both radio frequencies. I guess that is their way of saying "Tough Luck"
Thanks for responding.Still having the same issue. It finally connects after about 2 to 3 tries but the downside is I’m starting under 100% battery which cuts down my flight time. If it continues, I’ll probably start using my original controller and use the SC as a 700 dollar internet browser that can’t play YouTube videos.

No cell phone, 'nough said, and it has a very bright screen. If I can ever figure out where all the goodies are, it will be perfect, lol.

I've had mine since August 2019 and probably around 50 flights or more. I have never had my screen go blank. I wonder if it is some other app running in the background causing the problem. Mine is pretty much exactly as I got it except for the usual updates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev