DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

smart controller bluetooth

Use the WiFi from your device is my first thought.... Or open the side port on the bird and select bluetooth... this will limit control range to100’ or less.

Unclear why or for what the SC supports Bluetooth. The problem between SC and Phone is that they both establish themselves as "Master" (or so it seems). The phone will pair, but ends up not connecting to another Master.

Yes, it does connect and work with my earbuds too. Not sure I care.

BT works perfectly here with android.
Its very handy for transferring images when out in the field (albeit slow).

Reactions: TampaTC
been posted a lot over time, seems android and iOS Bluetooth don't see eye to eye and wont talk to each other, tis what I've been reading on previous posts about this problem.

God yes, always Iv had problems with blu tooth, not happy about DJI cheaping out and going with android other than Apple software, hell just look on the boxes I have with dji,I’m seeing a apple symbol not android, my phantom 4pro plus, great controller but software is android and has a few glitches I deal with,to bad dji company is not America based

Firstly theres no way they could do a crapple based SC due to the licencing and restrictions.
Even if it did the cost would be extortionate. Development would be slower or likely impossible due to OS restrictions as well.
The drone itself runs android as a base OS are do the older ones. They work perfectly.

The android software works fine and has done for years, both on devices and on the SC.
The occasional glitch is down to non-standard implementations of Android (samsung.....) and not android itself.

Can't see how "america based" would change anything. Google is american. Android by extension is amerian.

Reactions: Al Razz and ff22
Firstly theres no way they could do a crapple based SC due to the licencing and restrictions.
Even if it did the cost would be extortionate. Development would be slower or likely impossible due to OS restrictions as well.
The drone itself runs android as a base OS are do the older ones. They work perfectly.

The android software works fine and has done for years, both on devices and on the SC.
The occasional glitch is down to non-standard implementations of Android (samsung.....) and not android itself.

Can't see how "america based" would change anything. Google is american. Android by extension is amerian.
Sorry I was wrong to say that, your right, and my sc works perfectly,once again sorry for bagging on dji, they are still #1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead