DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller calibration

Tom in the North.

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have flown about 50 flights with my smart controller. Now it will not let me fly sometimes. It says RC recalibration required.
When you touch on the highlighted box that encases these words it says remote controller calibration required. Power off aircraft and go to control to perform calibration. (Code 60010)
I can't find any place to calibrate the SC. I did a Google search and no help.
Anyone ever seen this?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have flown about 50 flights with my smart controller. Now it will not let me fly someone. It says RC recalibration required.
When you touch on the highlighted be that encases these words out says remote controller calibration required. Power off aircraft and go to control to perform calibration. (Code 60010)
I can't find any place to calibrate the SC. I did a Google search and no help.
Anyone ever seen this?
Thanks in advance.
I think its referring to the Drone using the Both of them not specific to the Smart Controller.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

Just off the top of my head, don't power down your drone. I have seen the remote calibration in the menu when the drone is powered up and you connect.

While trying to figure out why I could only fly 30m up and 50 out I ran into this problem.

Like @Nature from above said, go into the android settings and find the compass calibration. This is outside of the DJI Fly app.

I had actually tried that but apparently I didn't do it right. It seemed to take a long time to calibrate. When I came inside I saw that it said to move the controller around slowly. Once I did that, everything was OK.

Hopefully this will be the end of these weird issues and I can just focus on flying :).

Does anybody see this? It pops up on me occasionally and simply going into the android settings and calibrating the controller doesn't always help. One time I had to power cycle the controller. Another time I disabled WiFi. It seems really random what makes it go away. In desperation sometimes I'll calibrate the drone itself.

Today, I was at a park 30 minutes away from my house and I couldn't get the error to go away. I tried moving to different locations away from cars. I tried moving the controller fast to calibrate, slow, exaggerated motions, etc. After 15 minutes I gave up and came home. Power it all up at home and it came right up. VERY frustrating. I have had the error at my house also so it's not like there is something special about home.

It strikes me as one of those errors that is incorrectly reported, like something else is wrong. SC software is up to date as is DJI Fly...just updated today. It magically worked when I came home before I updated.

I got the same Problem with an Air 2s and the Smart Controller: Calibration (Code 60010). No flight was possible, false colours out of the camera. Found no solution in the App (Compass calibration not helped).

What (me) helped was: Reset the Smart Controller. I think it can´t be a good solution, but helps to solve the problem.

I got the same Problem with an Air 2s and the Smart Controller: Calibration (Code 60010). No flight was possible, false colours out of the camera. Found no solution in the App (Compass calibration not helped).

What (me) helped was: Reset the Smart Controller. I think it can´t be a good solution, but helps to solve the problem.
To fix my controller I had to calibrate the smart controller compass in the go 4 app (go figure, it was the only place the pictures of were to do this fit perfectly). My drones fly in the "DJI fly app" but since doing a calibration in the go 4 app it has worked flawlessly/ this had been since January.

Reactions: merak75 and maggior
To fix my controller I had to calibrate the smart controller compass in the go 4 app (go figure, it was the only place the pictures of were to do this fit perfectly). My drones fly in the "DJI fly app" but since doing a calibration in the go 4 app it has worked flawlessly/ this had been since January.
Wau! Another very good idea! And easier. Thank you, Tom. Will try it next time. Liebe Grüße aus Hamburg, Germany

What a pity: Today, when I was testing I got the same error: “Calibration”. I tried Your way, Tom, and found that the right “Camera settings Dial” was not able to calibrate. It paused in the right corner. Can't move on the screen. Two resets also didn’t help. Perhaps the dial is broken. Will write to DJI support.

I must have gotten lucky with my controller. When I was calibrating on the go4 app, it must have taken me over 1/2 hour to figure out the system. My controller has been working perfectly since.
I hope you get it figured.

Ugh, I wish I saw this sooner. I sent my controller to DJI after banging my head against the wall with this problem. Ever more random things would make the problem go away. DJI support never suggested going into Go4 to calibrate the controller.

Can you get into the Go4 app if you don't have a drone supported by Go4? I can't try it out now since my drone is on its way to Texas :(

Thanks.

I fly my mini 2 and an air 2 with my smart controller, I have nothing that uses the go4 ap. Go4 on the controller. Sad to hear you sent it back/ hope it is a quick turnaround.

DJI just completed the damage assessment on my Smart Controller and they are replacing the "right and left control stick modules". One of the pictures they put up in my case was of a preflight check error showing "Unable to take off (code: 30064)". That's different from the error I had been seeing.

This whole issue has felt like it was in reality an error with something else, not the compass. All I can do is trust at this point that they know what they are doing. I just hope this indeed fixes the issue.

In an interesting twist, I received my drone back and found that they had given me a new Smart Controller. I actually feel really good about that since I wasn't totally confident that replacing the control stick modules was going to address the problem I saw. I have to say I wasn't impressed with how everything was packed, though nothing was damaged. The drone flopped around enough in the box that the gimbal guard had come off...or they never put it on which would probably be worse.

I flew 4 batteries this past weekend and everything worked as it should so I am happy to put this saga behind me.

I had this issue today when I was supposed to start recording a football scrimmage with a week old smart controller and Mavic Air 2. I had not encountered in earlier flights. I couldn't find the referenced calibrate setting. I tried powering on and off several times. The last time I powered on the drone and then the controller and it worked. I'm not sure why.

I had this issue today when I was supposed to start recording a football scrimmage with a week old smart controller and Mavic Air 2. I had not encountered in earlier flights. I couldn't find the referenced calibrate setting. I tried powering on and off several times. The last time I powered on the drone and then the controller and it worked. I'm not sure why.
This was my experience also.

Tom how did you calibrate in Go4 w/out connecting the aircraft. I use my smart controller w/ a Mavic 2 and just got a mini 2 and I'm getting this error message. Thanks for any help.
The calibration I did was for the controller so no aircraft connection needed. Since doing this calibration in Go4 my smart controller has worked great. I fought with that 60010 error for over a month, now all seems good.
Hope you get your issue figured out.

1. Enter the App Center, tap , and scroll down and tap Compass.
2. Follow the diagram on the screen to calibrate your remote controller. 3. The user will receive a prompt when the calibration is successful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403