DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Controls Disabled

Skullcrusharr

Reactions
Hey guys, I tried to fly my Mavic Pro 2 recently but not all the buttons on the Smart Controller are working for some reason. The control sticks and the Dials do not work to control the drone. The C1/C2/5D/RECORD/PHOTO and every other button works. In order for my drone to fly ill have to use the touchscreen to get it to take off but once it's in the air I can't control it so it just stays hovering until I used the touchscreen to make it land. Pointing the control sticks down and to the corners are not starting the rotors either..I can only control the gimbal with the touchscreen to move it, or use the c1/c2 buttons but the dials are not working. Does anyone have any solutions? It's frustrating.....Please. Everything is updated.

Youve got something strange going on for sure...

Do you happen to have a different RC available to you? Standard or Smart would work, maybe a friends? If so, pair it and see how that goes. If you have same problem, youll need to reinstall firmware in M2.

If you dont have another RC, youll have to reinstall fw on your SC, try it again. If problem persists, youll have to reinstall fw on M2.

Unfortuneatly, I dont see any way around fw updating.
I suppose you could try a factory reset on SC 1st, before full fw update?

I know theres a setting for turning off Photo and Video buttons but thats only active when Go4 isnt running. Its meant to prevent accidental footage. Theres nothing in settings that would account for your issues.

Did this occur just this once and suddenly? No clues early on? Was your SC running really hot before this?

Good luck bud

Youve got something strange going on for sure...

Do you happen to have a different RC available to you? Standard or Smart would work, maybe a friends? If so, pair it and see how that goes. If you have same problem, youll need to reinstall firmware in M2.

If you dont have another RC, youll have to reinstall fw on your SC, try it again. If problem persists, youll have to reinstall fw on M2.

Unfortuneatly, I dont see any way around fw updating.
I suppose you could try a factory reset on SC 1st, before full fw update?

I know theres a setting for turning off Photo and Video buttons but thats only active when Go4 isnt running. Its meant to prevent accidental footage. Theres nothing in settings that would account for your issues.

Did this occur just this once and suddenly? No clues early on? Was your SC running really hot before this?

Good luck bud
I bought the drone in Australia and moved back to the states in January. Worked perfectly fine in Australia and worked the first time I flew it here. I didn't touch it for a month then when I went to fly it, it started giving me the issue

I bought the drone in Australia and moved back to the states in January. Worked perfectly fine in Australia and worked the first time I flew it here. I didn't touch it for a month then when I went to fly it, it started giving me the issue

As noted above:
Smart Controller Factory Reset, update (or refresh) firmware
Update/refresh firmware on Mavic 2
(Might want to use DJI Assisant for the 2 above updates)

GO4 for these:
IMU Calc
Compass calc.

Reactions: Skullcrusharr
Hello, sorry for bringing this up again. I'm having the same issue, both sticks didn't move the drone. I did factory reset on the Smart Controller, no dice. Tried to do Controller calibration, found left stick accepted input and was able to finish calibration(filled the border frame), but right stick would stuck at bottom left corner, no matter how I moved the stick. The dot that stands for right stick just won't move at all. Seems I'm having a physical connection problem with right stick?

I'm able to use my original remote controller with this drone without any issue. Just the Smart Controller is having the problem.

Here below is a screenshot from a video demonstrating how right stick stuck at bottom right corner during calibration process:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210512_232416_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20210512_232416_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hello, sorry for bringing this up again. I'm having the same issue, both sticks didn't move the drone. I did factory reset on the Smart Controller, no dice. Tried to do Controller calibration, found left stick accepted input and was able to finish calibration(filled the border frame), but right stick would stuck at bottom left corner, no matter how I moved the stick. The dot that stands for right stick just won't move at all. Seems I'm having a physical connection problem with right stick?

I'm able to use my original remote controller with this drone without any issue. Just the Smart Controller is having the problem.

Here below is a screenshot from a video demonstrating how right stick stuck at bottom right corner during calibration process:
Unfortunately that looks like a faulty SC, most likely hardware. Time to call DJI.

Don't see where you say you installed latest firmware?

Have you tried this by changing the control mode from Tripod “T” mode to ”P” mode?

Look at slider T-P-S mode switch above screen...

Have you tried this by changing the control mode from Tripod “T” mode to ”P” mode?

Look at slider T-P-S mode switch above screen...
I have had this controller for more than two years, know the difference between T-P-S. It was actually the first thing I did when I realized the sticks not working.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N