DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller firmware update

Mine still won’t recognize that’s it’s plugged into the computer through the DJI assistant. I was talking to DJI support & they want me to send in my SC to diagnose what’s wrong. I really don’t want to do that.
Update your dji assistance 2 to the last version 2.10 if im not mistaken..hope it help

There have been issues for many SC users outlined here SC update issues.

The initial update dated 6thJjan was bad for many and trashed Assitant 2 so it would then not recognise the SC at all and had a number of problems with the firmware including Chines text in SC menu items.

Some reported that they could update from SC via Wifi which you are specifically told NOT to do by DJI in info attached to the update and you are specifically told to use Assistant.

DJI brought out a new update dated 11th of Jan which fixed the issues and allowed Assistant to recognise the SC again.

The solution/fix was outlined in post #48 in the link above via a system reset. This allowed Assistant not only to work but to refresh the firmware to the Jan 11th version.

In your case @Mavic Mike 2 you should probably wait until the new current version shows up in assistant. I suggest you look at the article linked above to see what the issues might be.

Some have been content to upgrade via Wifi from SC if it worked and it didn't for many often often quoting that their Assistant software didn't work so had no choice and couldn't be bothered to figure it out as they wanted to get flying. IMO that is a short sighted mistake as Assistant 2 not working is a symptom something is wrong somewhere in whatever firmware version is installed and needs fixing.

As outlined in the linked post my attempt to update from SC via Wifi in ignorance of DJI instructions produced a very bad update outcome. I wouldn't have felt confident flying with a known iffy firmware on the SC. Fortunately with the help of @CaptHook a fix for that bad firmware for the SC was found and all is now well.thanks for that John will keep an I on assistant instead of home WiFi on ax much appreciated ?

My advice is leave it until Assistant 2 sees the new .650 11th Jan update. The last version was .530 which is probably what you @Mavic Mike 2 have now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627